WIFI 5Ghz ? any news ?

I actually use some Wrover or Pycom esp32 devices, and I use WIFI 2.4GHz for communication.
ESP32 can not use 5Ghz WIFI,

I would like to experiment some 5G connection but I can't find any chip for it.
Do you have any suggestion for a all in one board, SPI or UART shields ?

This topic have been discussed in 2018, no solution were found, but it was in 2018, so I hope there is new devices :slight_smile:

Is this an Arduino problem?

Just google β€œ5GHz WiFi development board”. There are a couple if different ones available, but they are for professional development and have a professional price tag attached to it. Because of that they also are unlikely supported by some Arduino libraries.

Sorry, but there is no need for anyone to support this for hobby use, because the 2.4GHz band is good enough. Without a compelling reason no company will put the effort into this. For high volume products the story is different.

Klaus_K:
Just google "5GHz WiFi development board". There are a couple if different ones available, but they are for professional development and have a professional price tag attached to it. Because of that they also are unlikely supported by some Arduino libraries.

Sorry, but there is no need for anyone to support this for hobby use, because the 2.4GHz band is good enough. Without a compelling reason no company will put the effort into this. For high volume products the story is different.

I was just dreaming of some references of products with Arduino libraries. but OK, I think your right with the price to technical benefit comparaison, not usefull for hobby use.