Wifi connection on Yun will not stay connected more than 2 or 3 mins.

First I will go ahead and apologize for being new to this. I just purchased an Yun and started to set it up. Went through the entire process, updated OpenWRT to the latest, updated to use my home wifi with password, restarted and then had connection issues. I couldn't find it via arduino.local. I went into arduino IDE and loaded YunSerialTerminal script open the serial monitor and rebooted the chip that has the OpenWRT on it. Watched it boot, hit return and watched the ascii text logo come up. After all of this I could then use the arduino.local to connect on the web interface again, but this time on my wifi. Soon after I was able to connect like this I was disconnected. The only way I can get the connection back is if I reboot the OpenWRT and go through the whole process again. It will only hold a wifi connection for a few mins. I'm also seeing an error in the boot:

[ 40.390000] Error: Driver 'gpio-keys-polled' is already registered, aborting...

I would appreciate any help, thank you.

Also, I did try to continue another thread with this conversation but I was asked to leave, so please do not take this as a double post.

Thank you.

I am noticing I can stay connected to the Yun directly on it's wifi signal it creates when setting up for several several minutes. But when I switch it to stay connected to my wifi at home it will only hold the wifi signal for just under 3 mins. Is there something with my wifi at the house that is effecting this, or do I have a bad board? ORRR Am I just inexperienced :wink: I'm pretty sure its the last.

After a lot of fiddl'n I think I found the problem. I had a repeater in the house that repeated the same wifi signal. I didn't need it, so to simplify the wifi network I turned it off. The Yun has been stable ever since.

Good to hear you figured it out, and thanks for posting the resolution: it may help the next person with that problem.

I guess interference between two same named hotspots could be a problem, perhaps the board can't decide which one it should use? And that would explain why using the Yun's hotspot mode is stable, your pair of hotspots doesn't come into play.

Howme:
[ 40.390000] Error: Driver 'gpio-keys-polled' is already registered, aborting...

This is not a problem, the message is always there.