Wifi controlled Robot

Hi All

I want to build a robot which I can control via an android app. The major hardware components I intend to use which I think will be enough are Arduino MEga 2560, an ethernet shield, and a wifi connecting to ethernet shield.

Can anyone help me how to establish communication. How wifi signals be converted to serial signals to drive the motors and a pan and tilt camera system. Any documentation or tutorial to get me started.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see why you would want both WiFi and Ethernet. Ethernet will give you a wired connection to the network; WiFi will give you a wireless connection. You only need one or the other.

The major hardware components I intend to use which I think will be enough are Arduino MEga 2560, an ethernet shield, and a wifi connecting to ethernet shield.

You will also need some kind of robot body, motor controllers and the pan and tilt base. A lot will depend on what you choose.

Below is a basic setup where the wireless wifi is provided by a Netgear 614 router. The arduino wifi shield apparently has issues that need to be sorted out before it is reliable.

http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6343

By wifi I meant a router connecting the ethernet shield on the arduino. So there will be arduino mega, ethernet shield and any linksys or cisco router connecting to the ethernet shield.

Yes the complete kit I have is

A robot body, four motors, motor controller, arduino mega 2560, 12 volt battery, ethernet shield and a wifi router.