wifi enabled alarm clock pcb - reclaiming pins

Hey,

I recently finished my wifi enabled alarm clock and am in the planning stages of turning the arduino into a custom PCB. Though since it uses the asynclabs wifi shield.. I'm planning to use the wifi shield on my custom arduino / PCB / whatyamacallit. This mainly because I don't plan to use the wifi shield in another project right now, so it will make the design for the custom PCB easier.

That said, my question lies in the use of the wifi shield. It has a dataflash module on the board, which takes up 4 pins. Now simply put, I have absolutely no use for that part of the wifi shield. So for the custom PCB, I'd like to reclaim those used pins. Still being pretty much an electronics newbie, I'm still interested in learning a bit, thus here my question! Do I have to connect the pins on the wifi shield that I do not wish to be connected to the 'arduino' to ground? (vaguely remembering a 'lose wires can fry your chip' quote)

Do I have to connect the pins on the wifi shield that I do not wish to be connected to the 'arduino' to ground?

No. Unconnected and loose are not the same thing.

I'd tack on 'answered' to the title, but alas, won't fit. Thank you for the swift and complete answer.