WiFi enabled Arduino Uno through ESP-201

Hello,

i’ve got myself an ESP-201 module and i’m basicly sitting here for more than 5hours trying to figure out how i can use it.

I basicly want to connect the ESP-201 to my Arduino Uno using SoftwareSerial to send AT messages from the Uno to the ESP and recieve data.

I can’t figure how to wire it.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial ESPserial(8, 9); 

void setup() 
{
    Serial.begin(74880);
    ESPserial.begin(74880);  

}

void loop() 
{
    if ( ESPserial.available() )   {  Serial.write( ESPserial.read() );  }
    if ( Serial.available() )       {  ESPserial.write( Serial.read() );  }
}

Im using this code to send and recive for now.

Any wireing diagrams would be helpful
Thanks

This page may be useful.

Thanks but i tried almost any way i found by searching. Maybe my ESP-201 is just broken...

Try changing your serial monitor baud rate to 9600. If possible, keep the default serial and software serial baud rates different. Also, how are you connecting it to your Arduino? Remember RX goes to TX and vice versa.

Odd baud rate, 74880.
I thought SoftwareSerial doesn't work reliably above 9600 bps.
What rate is your ESP module expecting?
How is it wired exactly to your Arduino? Mind that the ESP takes 3.3V so you need an extra resistor on the Arduino Tx line, and proper power supply for the ESP (the 3.3V out of the Arduino is probably not enough).

Yea, like @wvmarle said, strange baud rate. ESP8266 likes 9600, but most can take 115200 too.

wvmarle:
Odd baud rate, 74880.

This baud rate show correct ESP startup data.

AFAIK SoftwareSerial does not work at this high (and higher) baud rates.
Leo..

Ahh yes, I was thinking direct UART connection, not SoftwareSerial.

My default (hardware serial) on my ESPs is 115200 bps for regular communication, and the maximum (960k or so) the IDE lets me for programming. No problems there.

No experience though with software serial.