Wifi interferes with TV wifi connection

I have 2 samsung smart tv's. One that is from 2017 and another I bought in 2019. I also have 5 arduino MKR 1010 wifi controllers that send data to a server via wifi every 5 seconds. The data is simply an integer value so it is not data intensive. Ever since I got these controllers up and running, my tv's randomly can't connect to the network and have to be unplugged and plugged back in, which always resolves the issue. The weird part is that this is only affecting my TV's. My phone, laptops, and arduino's are never disconnected. Does anyone have any insight on why this is happening? Also, one of my TV's is directly connected to the modem and the other is not. So signal strength should be best for it regardless.

WIFI has a number of possible channels to work with. Modern devices will search for a usable channel to communicate on and may change channels if interference from other devices is encountered. Obviously you TV does not do that, but the other devices do it.
Paul

But the TV's are modern. Also, is there a solution here other than buying different TV's?

I solved that issue with my Samsung TV by putting all my ESP32's onto their own router.

Would you happen to have a link to a guide on how to do this?

No.

I have a router that connects to the internet. I hooked up another router, connected the 2 routers together through the LAN ports. Set the ESP32's to connect to the new router.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.