WiFi not working - Linino is Bad Data CRC

I lost my wifi when I unplugged the Yun from the wall. I tried to reset many times and no more blue led...

I can still program it from USB. I tried many things to get wifi back.

Here's the output of the serial monitor:

Booting image at 9fea0000 ...

Image Name: MIPS OpenWrt Linux-3.8.3 Created: 2013-08-19 14:23:28 UTC Image Type: MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed) Data Size: 1170186 Bytes = 1.1 MB Load Address: 80060000 Entry Point: 80060000 Verifying Checksum at 0x9fea0040 ...Bad Data CRC

So WiFi not working, i am trying to get solution but to no avail. Tks !

That looks bad! You seem to still have a working Uboot so if someone can get you a Linino image to flash to the yun it should be recoverable.

Your Leonardo side is working fine, the Linino side is dead is why you can still upload through the USB.

I would recommend wait for an authoritative response before trying to deal with this, Federico seems to be on frequently and helps people (like me) when something like this happens.

Patience is key, Good Luck.

Thanks for your response, I will wait for an authoritative response. In the meantime, will try to fix.

Yep, bad thing, really weird. Do you have any other info to share about how it got stuck?

We may attempt to recover it by reflashing linino. We were about to publish on the website an updated image of linino with instructions on how to reflash the board, but we got stuck with some other issues. I'll try to push it so that it gets published asap. I'm sorry to say that you'll have to reflash it the hard way. One thing you'll need is a TFTP server (mind the initial T). Start setting one up and have it working: tftp it's the only protocol supported by uboot for transferring linino. (uboot is that thing that counts to 0 when the yun starts up)

Hi Federico, thanks for the answer,

I was pretty much using it exploring with the examples in the IDE to see the potential with many success but not without trouble. Resetting the WLAN has always worked. I mean I was simply testing the uptime with just a simple blink example uploaded (LED 13) and sometimes been running Linino with browser on the "Realtime" data monitor and just back going to main menu to see uptime. I just logged out from Linino and unplugged the USB from the wall adapter. Uptime was 13 days and a little more. Then I reconnected with same adapter and cable. Never got back WLAN and blue LED. Tried many resets. Hope this helps. Will be patient for solution.

Any news on how to reinstall the image ? After a month, I decided to try things again, again and again... same output as first post with Yun Serial. I tried with Ethernet, it says eth1 is up, I have MAC address but I can't see IP address in IDE ports.

I can always program with usb, but this is a Yun... and I feel now like having a high priced UNO. :roll_eyes:

Sorry for delay: this week we'll post the instructions on the website

Thanks Frederico for your response, very appreciated, will wait for instructions.

This one took much more than I wanted, but writing documentation is always harder then expected

Here it is: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#toc8 and http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/YunUBootReflash

Frederico, how do I check what version I have and if I have the latest (I received my Yun in the latter part of November).

'uname -r' shows 3.8.3

Is there any kind of release notes for the new version with what changes to expect ?

Thanks for all your work on this.

Many thanks Frederico, Will try as soon as I can and post result.

Worked ! My Yun is like brand new !!! ;) Happy Holidays !

Shak7: yeah!! 8) bjarne: there is file in /etc/arduino/linino-arduino-release with the build date