WiFi Problem, Esp8266-01

Hi,

I have a problem connecting my esp8266-01 module to my home Wi-Fi network. With the circuit mounted apparently I have no problem to start the module, this responds well to all AT commands I entered (the module is with an external power source, 3.3 V).
However, using the AT + CWLAP command only finds 2 wifi networks, or sometimes 3 (not always the same ones, clearly never mine), my pc detects many and I do not understand why it does not show me the rest.

This is what appears to me when I turn on the module and enter the commands AT:

Ai-Thinker Techoology Co. Ltd.

readx
AT

OK
AT+CWMODE?

+CWMODE:3

OK
AT+CWLAP

+CWLAP:(4,"Y&N Home",-89,"d0:03:4b:68;0c:d6",1,-43,0)
+CWLAP;(4,"j81311("e:",,7)ddCX0
-:W2:3e:4r28W07,G:)15Ac83:,:Z:
i:,n02a-dIJ:�9�݅��

If you can help me, that will be awesome!
regards

Also i do not understand why often appear these question marks, reading problems?

esp8266-01

ESP8266 is 2.4GHz ONLY ... so only B/G/N low-frequency. Sounds to me like you are using a 5GHz WiFi router. Most modern notebooks will have 2.4G and 5G bands.

If you have an Android tablet, this free application is great. I'm sure iPhone has something similar.

Ray

Ray's Projects

mrburnette:
ESP8266 is 2.4GHz ONLY ... so only B/G/N low-frequency. Sounds to me like you are using a 5GHz WiFi router. Most modern notebooks will have 2.4G and 5G bands.

My modem have two bands, one in 2.4G and the other in 5G. So it should detect the 2.4G but it doesn't.

Thank you for the help, if you have any other idea please share it !

My modem have two bands, one in 2.4G and the other in 5G. So it should detect the 2.4G but it doesn't.

Dual-band modems have configuration screens to control the bands:
2.4G only, 5G only, both bands.

Use the Android app to actually "see" your WiFi network ... Or a similar PC application if your PC has dual-band WiFi.

Ray