Wifi Rev2 - avrdude: error reading signature data for part "ATmega4809", rc=-67

Hi guys,

i spent two days make it work. If anybody will have any idea. Thank You :slight_smile: This error happened after wifinina upgrade and after second scatch correct upload after upload.

Here is my error when im trying to upload into uno wifi rev2 (whole error in attachment)

avrdude: bad response to enter progmode command: 0xa0
avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000
read operation failed for memory “signature”
avrdude: error reading signature data for part “ATmega4809”, rc=-67
avrdude: error reading signature data, rc=-67

Thanks a lot and Ave to Arduino :slight_smile:

wifir2.txt (8.93 KB)

I wrote a post with the same issue almost 2 weeks ago and nobody responded. https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=607528.0 Hope somebody will help.

thanks for info. Its weird.

Yeah me too The thing is useless if I can't even upload blink.

I did have it working well for a while and then this happened. The only thing I can think of is that I uploaded and ran eeprom_clear. Did that blast the signature that AVRDude is looking for?

Error listing in the verbose mode...

Programmer Type : JTAGICE3_UPDI Description : Atmel AVR XplainedMini in UPDI mode ICE hardware version: 0 ICE firmware version: 1.19 (rel. 57) Serial number : 38CE9FCE3E9F73AA47A1 Vtarget : 5.00 V JTAG clock megaAVR/program: 0 kHz JTAG clock megaAVR/debug: 0 kHz JTAG clock Xmega: 0 kHz PDI clock Xmega : 0 kHz

avrdude: Partial Family_ID returned: "mega" avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

An error occurred while uploading the sketch Reading | avrdude: bad response to enter progmode command: 0xa0 avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000 read operation failed for memory "signature" avrdude: error reading signature data for part "ATmega4809", rc=-67 avrdude: error reading signature data, rc=-67

avrdude done. Thank you.

dmiller541: The only thing I can think of is that I uploaded and ran eeprom_clear. Did that blast the signature that AVRDude is looking for?

I ran that sketch on my Uno WiFi Rev2 and I can still upload to it, no problem afterwards. So I don't think the problem has anything to do with the eeprom_clear sketch.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the cause of the problem is. Hopefully someone else here will be able to help.

If it will helps, i can send my board for investigation.

Good morning, I'm having the same problem... After a while of uploads I started to have the same problem as you can see from the verbose log below:

Programmer Type : JTAGICE3_UPDI Description : Atmel AVR XplainedMini in UPDI mode ICE hardware version: 0 ICE firmware version: 1.19 (rel. 57) Serial number : EE76CA6285090ABA93EB Vtarget : 5.00 V JTAG clock megaAVR/program: 0 kHz JTAG clock megaAVR/debug: 0 kHz JTAG clock Xmega: 0 kHz PDI clock Xmega : 0 kHz

avrdude: Partial Family_ID returned: "mega" avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Errore durante il caricamento dello sketch Reading | avrdude: bad response to enter progmode command: 0xa0 avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000 read operation failed for memory "signature" avrdude: error reading signature data for part "ATmega4809", rc=-67 avrdude: error reading signature data, rc=-67

avrdude done. Thank you.

At first I thought of an error in my program code but looking at this post maybe it is a bug of the board!? I'm waiting for an answer from the thecnical support. Now the board is useless and I don't know how to reset it. Somebody can help me, please!?

Thanks a lot!!!

Good Morning :)

I'm experiencing the same issue too! https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=611494.msg4145896#msg4145896

Is there a way for us to submit this mysterious issue as a potential bug to the devs?

(deleted)

After some months working with the Arduino uno wifi rev2 board, suddenly I got the same message. It happens when uploading any program. Tested in Mac, windows and different cables …

Enclosed full log compile + upload

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2, ATMEGA328”

avrdude: bad response to enter progmode command: 0xa0
avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000
read operation failed for memory “signature”
avrdude: error reading signature data for part “ATmega4809”, rc=-67

Just tried with a 2nd Arduino UNO wifi rev-2 that was working this morning. Now I get the same error message and did not modified any line of code. This is the sequence of how things happened:

1. tested it in Genuino linux this morning. Worked!
  2. tested it in Genuino Mac this afternoon. Worked!
  3. tested it in Genuino linux this afternoon. Did not work
  4. tested it in Genuino Mac this afternoon. Did not work

I cannot upload any program

Please let me know if I could help testing anything

arduino-uno-wifi-rev2-log.txt (20.6 KB)

Hi, do you have SPI programer ? if so, could you please try to program it over external SPI ?

Thanks

Pavel

Thanks for your suggestion Jonesek. Unfortunately I do not have SPI programmer. I wonder whether the wifinina upgrade really caused the problem.

Really frustrating ... hope we find a solution.

Just to say I am having exactly the same problem. I updated to the latest WiFiNINA firmware, and it stopped working shortly afterwards (was able to upload additional sketches).

No connection to the device works at all (burning bootloader etc.).

This github issue tracks it, and recommends people send in their boards for a replacement. I may in fact do that, although it's very frustrating. https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-megaavr/issues/33

I' ve sent mine on warranty. They are replacing faulty boards.

I still wonder weather the replaced Arduinos have the same problem. Is it firmware problem? is it hardware problem?

(deleted)

Hi guys,

I have tried to program it over USBtiny and no success at all, so im goingto send it back for replacement :(