WiFi shield HELP!

After much searching many forums, I have came to the realization that there is very little usage of the LinkSprite CuHead. And along with that very little usage, there is little to none documentation. I see that this hardware is Arduino compatible and uses SPI communication through pins 10-13. I know it will be too easy for the Arduino to just automatically know the purpose for each pin the shield needs and their purposes, i.e. clock, miso, etc.

1) I know I will have to eventually write a code specifying the use of each pin. But since this is a shield and its pins go into the headers of the Arduino, do I have to make any connections between the Arduino Uno and the wifi shield with wires?

2) If using other hardware like sensors, motor controllers, etc, that call for the use of the other pins on the Uno, will the CuHead act as the Uno with no problem?

I feel like I am asking dummy questions, but I just want to make sure because I am a beginner with NO experience whatsoever using Arduino or even making these types of connections.

My project consists of making an autonomous wifi robot and thanks to the many contributors in the world of Arduino, I just about have many of my problems solved!!!

I know I will have to eventually write a code specifying the use of each pin.

This would be true if you were developing the hardware. There should be a library provided with the shield that manages the pin utilization.

But since this is a shield and its pins go into the headers of the Arduino, do I have to make any connections between the Arduino Uno and the wifi shield with wires?

No. The shield has already connected to the pins that it uses.

If using other hardware like sensors, motor controllers, etc, that call for the use of the other pins on the Uno, will the CuHead act as the Uno with no problem?

If the CuHead is a shield, that means it mounts on a UNO. The CuHead then has nothing to do with other pins, sensors, motors, etc.

Make sure you configure the jumpers that needs to be configured, and make sure not to use the pins that are being used by the shield for any other activity as this will cause interference. For example arduino pin 13 is being used as the clock, this means that the shield is internally connecting copper traces from pin 13 to the SPI register of the Microchip. Details about used pins are specified here http://www.cutedigi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4564 under pin usage.

check this link for code and libraries: http://forum.linksprite.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=151&sid=8ce3e9158bab70e75fc704062940dd45

Good luck on your project

Thank you!!!

I looked at this library numerous of times not knowing this shield is based on that exact shield.