wifi shield & motor driver shield problem

hi all, i am doing a project that uses a wifi shield to receive udp packets from a web server and then move a robot using ardumoto motor driver shield. The problem here is that the wifi shield uses pin 11,12,13 and the motor driver shield also uses pin 11,12,13. I am new to arduino products. Is there something i can do to make this work?

I am new to arduino products. Is there something i can do to make this work?

Maybe.

and the motor driver shield also uses pin 11,12,13.

Which one? It is unusual for a motor driver shield to use three pins. Most use 4, to driver two motors.

Hi Paul, the ardumoto motor driver shield that i am using which is similar to the original motor driver shield uses, pin 3, 11, 12, 13. I also have a arduino wifi shield r3 which unfortunately, uses pins 11, 12, 13 as well. In my project, the wifi shield is used to receive commands to move 2 dc motors and control a led strip. Is there a way to avoid the pin clashes? Thanks in advance.

Ardumoto motor driver shield - https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9815
Arduino wifi shield - http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoWiFiShield

Is there a way to avoid the pin clashes?

No. Complain to the motor shield manufacturer. Tell them to get off the SPI pins.

You can re-route the connections between the Arduino and the shield, either by making the connection via patch leads (rather than physically installing the shield on the Arduino board) or by inserting an adapter between the Arduino and the motor shield which enables you to re-route the connections. Mayhew Labs make a ‘gobetween’ adapter shield that does this - there are probably other manufacturers too. However, also consider whether it would be more cost effective to simply get a different motor shield which avoids the conflict - there are plenty to choose from and they are usually not expensive.

Hi all, what i have done is that since the motor shield uses pin 11, 12, 13 for just pwm and direction. I disconnected the header pin for this 3 pins and change them to pins 7 and 8 for direction and pin 9 for pwm. I used jumper wires to jump them. Now, the pins do not clash anymore. However, i am not receiving pwm signal.out of pin 3 when my motor shield is stacked on top of my wifi shield. From the info on arduino’s website, they didn’t mention wifi shield using pin 3. Somehow, it seems to be pulled low. Any ideas?