"WiFi Shield not present" error on YUN

Hello everyone..I am new to Yun Environment! I have been trying to run the example sketch of 'WiFi Web Server' and I keep getting this message on the Serial monitor. I have upgraded my firmware to the latest 1.5.3 version. I know by default the yun has the hotspot feature available to connect. But what I am seeking here is a simple client mode where it will connect to a router and display the device info of the router.

Can you please help me through this one! I need to get past this error and connect manually through a sketch to connect to a router!

The Yun is not the same thing as a standard Arduino with a WiFi Shield. None of the sketches that are specifically for the WiFi shield or the Ethernet shield will work on the Yun.

While the Yun does have WoFi and a Ethernet connectivity, those interfaces are not connected to the Arduino processor that is running your sketch. Instead, those interfaces are part of the AR3391 processor that runs Linux. To use the Yun’s powerful networking abilities, you should start by looking at the examples that are listed under the Bridge library. The Bridge is the key to using the Yun’s networking features.

ShapeShifter:
The Yun is not the same thing as a standard Arduino with a WiFi Shield. None of the sketches that are specifically for the WiFi shield or the Ethernet shield will work on the Yun.

While the Yun does have WoFi and a Ethernet connectivity, those interfaces are not connected to the Arduino processor that is running your sketch. Instead, those interfaces are part of the AR3391 processor that runs Linux. To use the Yun’s powerful networking abilities, you should start by looking at the examples that are listed under the Bridge library. The Bridge is the key to using the Yun’s networking features.

Thanks for this amazing insight ShapeShifter!
Makes a lot of sense now!
I scoured the net and found some examples with “YunServer.h” and “YunClient.h” header examples.
Thankfully its working now…I managed to open up a local server on the Yun other than the default localhost server!

I am attaching this sketch for people who has faced such similar bottleneck issues!
Thanks

Yun_server_demo.ino (793 Bytes)