Wifi shield not present

Good Morning i have a problem with the examples of wifi i have always had the same error:

if (WiFi.status() == WL_NO_SHIELD) { Serial.println("WiFi shield not present"); // don't continue: while (true); }

Someone can help me?. I don't know what it is the problem.

Thank you very much

Do you have a WiFi shield plugged onto your Yun? If not you will need to follow some of the examples under bridge, the WiFistatus sketch would be a good one to start with.

The Yun is like a Leonardo connected to a very limited linux host, the linux side handles the WiFi connection.

The example wifistatus run correctly but the other examples of Librarys Wifi don't work what can i do? because i have always had the same mensage:"wifi shield not present".

Thank you very much.

Are you trying to do this on a Yun? If so, it is not the same as an Arduino with a built-in WiFi shield, and nothing in the WiFi library will work on the Yun (unless you do add a WiFi shield, which would be redundant to say the least!)

The WiFi on the Yun is controlled by a Linux processor. It handles all of the WiFi management and protocols, and the Arduino processor talks to the Linux processor using the Bridge library.

Concentrate on the examples under the Bridge library, and forget about the WiFi library.