Wifi Shield Not Present

I bought an UNO Board and a wifi shield so when I am trying connect my arduino to router it says wifi shied not present. Green Led is on others stay off. I want to connect my arduino to wpa2. can someone give a solution for that?

Error Message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi\src\utility\wifi_drv.cpp: In static member function 'static uint8_t WiFiDrv::getEncTypeNetowrks(uint8_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi\src\utility\wifi_drv.cpp:451:10: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'uint8_t {aka unsigned char}' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]

return NULL;

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi\src\utility\wifi_drv.cpp: In static member function 'static int32_t WiFiDrv::getRSSINetoworks(uint8_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi\src\utility\wifi_drv.cpp:476:10: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'int32_t {aka long int}' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]

return NULL;

^

Which wifi shield ? From where ?

Add working links !

There are multiple "wifi" shields and each often may require something special in regards to the way they are used.

its CC3000 Wifi shield from ADAFruit. I am new to this.

You need to understand the difference between warnings and errors. Warnings are a helpful message that tells you there is something you should be aware of because they might possibly cause problems but they don't prevent a successful compilation. It's always a good idea to fix every warning in your own code if at all possible. Unfortunately some of the library authors are sloppy and they leave warnings or code that used to not produce warnings when it was written years ago may now cause warnings due to updates in the compiler so sometimes you will need to ignore some warnings in other people's code you are using when it's not practical to go and fix it. You can tell it's a warning because it says "warning:" An error is a problem that causes the compilation to fail. You will always have to fix errors. You can tell an error because it says "error:'.

pert for your convenience, I have the same error.

Hardware:

Duinotech Arduino UNO Duinotech Wifi ESP13 Wifi Shield (updated to latest firmware using doit firmware

Symptoms: When I slot the out of box Wifi shield onto the board, I receive an error that reads

Error: 'avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10 through 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00; followed by An error occured while uploading the sketch

Findings: It appears that the RX/TX pins line up however the shield has on/off switches for rx/tx pins. Turning both pins off removes this error however as discussed by the contributor, the error I receive in the Serial output says "Wifi Shield Not Present"

To clarify, this is not an error message but a verbose output when the following statement returns true: wifi.status() == WL_NO_SHIELD

I don't have enough experience with Arduino to understand what this function or variable stores but I am assuming the answer will be either the SPI.h or WiFi.h library files...

Hope this gives you further information - I am not going to assume that I am experiencing the same issue however the symptoms are the same and assuming that the scanWifi script is being used then I suspect the issue is linked (for whatever reason)

Your assistance, greatly appreciated!

WL_NO_SHIELD = 255 - Found in wl_definitions.h

That's all I could find.. :(

gusw76 it looks like a different wireless shield.

I have one of those here and never did get it to work properly.

Currently sat gathering dust as I spent a lot of time talking to the developer of that one and then eventually admitted it reals was "development" and "incomplete"

Also there is almost zero documentation for it from the manufacturer DOIT.

gusw76, you problem is other then that of OP. please start your own thread.