WiFi shield out of a Canon printer

Hello,

I just disassembled a defect canon printer (I believe it was a MP560) to get some DC motors, and I found a small wifi module on it.
Do you think it is possible to get it working on my arduino? I did a short research on google but I didn’t find anything helpful…

It was connected through a 6wire cable and has the product number K30316 (as you can see on the pictures below). Any suggestions or ideas?

did the cable give any clues?
colors ?
where it was connected to?
at least 2 wires should be 5V and GND?

Can you reassemble partially and get teh wifi working and try to measure signals on the cable?

I would assume that the module uses USB for communication with the printer.

Search for usage of a USB-based WiFi-card on a USB-host-shield - i don’t think you can make it work, unfortunately.

// Per.

I got this WiFi shield,K30316, recently and also want to connect it with Arduino.

It has 6 wires as interface pins. The pin function is as below. Did anyone connect use it successfully?
±+
| | 6. GND
| | 5. Power_Enable
±-+ | 4. USB D+
| 6 | | 3. USB D-
| 5 | | 2. VBus
| 4 | | 1. GND
| 3 | |
| 2 | |
| 1 | |
±-+ |
| |
| |
±+

SFino:
I got this WiFi shield,K30316, recently and also want to connect it with Arduino.

It has 6 wires as interface pins. The pin function is as below. Did anyone connect use it successfully?
±+
| | 6. GND
| | 5. Power_Enable
±-+ | 4. USB D+
| 6 | | 3. USB D-
| 5 | | 2. VBus
| 4 | | 1. GND
| 3 | |
| 2 | |
| 1 | |
±-+ |
| |
| |
±+

Not easily possible. It’s essentially the same as a “USB-stick WiFi-card” - You need documentation, drivers etc. AND a “USB host shield” on the Arduino to use it.

Not worth the time when you look at what the ESP8266-module costs (a few $ AND it works!)

// Per.