Wifi Shield

I wonder if anyone have used arduino wifi shield without the arduino board but with the atmega instead? I built the circuit with the wifi shield and atmega but the wifi shield couldnt turn on. I hope someone can help me understand. Thanks in advance!!

Which atmega? Running at what speed? Running what code? With the WiFi shield connected how?

PaulS: Which atmega? Running at what speed? Running what code? With the WiFi shield connected how?

atmega328. what do u mean by what speed? Running a counter code and sending the data through the Arduino Wifi Shield to google sheet, it runs perfectly when its on the Arduino board. When i took out the atmega and connect the pins accordingly to the pin map, to the wifi shield and other components,built it on a breadboard, it seems the wifi shield isn't turned on for example no led was turned on . Thanks for replying.

what do u mean by what speed?

With an external crystal running at 16MHz? Or with the internal oscillator running at 8MHz?

When i took out the atmega and connect the pins accordingly to the pin map, to the wifi shield and other components,built it on a breadboard, it seems the wifi shield isn't turned on for example no led was turned on .

That suggests, to me, that you missed a necessary connection.