Wifi thermostat

Hi.

Im quite new to this, and are hoping for some help.

My plan is to use a Temperature controller like this (Tekmar WiFi Thermostat 562)to send signals to an Arduino so I can control one radiant floor heating loop, and one radiant fan, and also control my water pumps and different valves for instant waterheater.

https://www.watts.com/dfsmedia/0533dbba17714b1ab581ab07a4cbb521/42996-source/562_dl_04

Anyone know anything about what signals a thermostat like this sends out? From what I can tell, it uses a PWM signal for the radiant floor heating, and a simple on off relay signal for the fan to kick in when the temp goes below set point.

The PWM signal for the thermostats is just a "5 min on, 5 min off" setting?

Anyone done this before?

snusk:
The PWM signal for the thermostats is just a "5 min on, 5 min off" setting?

Very well possible. After all, that's fast enough for a typical heating system.

A 50% duty cycle will only give you 50% of your heating capacity. When using PWM full on and full off are acceptable when you reach the control limits. The PWM works best when you are close to set point. Time base can also change, typically based on the response of the hardware. I believe the 5 min time is for the compressor to equalize when in AC mode. It looks like a standard furnace pin out so give this links a look: