Wifly Wifi Shield and Motor Shield?

I have been using Arduino for a while now and recently broke my Arduino One (dont ask how), i was planning on using it in a project for an EPQ for my first year if sixth form and i am now going to replace and buy the other components ill need , but before i do so i want certify that if i purchase an Arduino Mega (need more pins generally not specific to project) and both the Arduino Motor Shield and Sparkfun Wifly Shield, i can use them together as i know they both need at least 3 of the same pins ( Motor Shield Pins: Function pins per Ch. A pins per Ch. B Direction D12 D13 PWM D3 D11 Brake D9 D8 Current Sensing A0 A1 Wifly: http://shieldlist.org/sparkfun/wifly)

i have read that they can both be connected to an Arduino but i was wondering how as it will be very helpful if i can use them together.

If i have been to vague or need to explain something just ask. :)

but before i do so i want certify that if i purchase an Arduino Mega (need more pins generally not specific to project) and both the Arduino Motor Shield and Sparkfun Wifly Shield, i can use them together as i know they both need at least 3 of the same pins

That Wifly card is not Mega compatible. The Mega uses different SPI pins. The card would need the SPI interface lines on the ICSP connector to be both Mega and Uno compatible.

Thats why its always good to ask for advice before purchasing things, thanks, Ill stick with the Uno (its a bit cheaper anyway which is a bonus), though i still dont know how to connect the wifly and motor shield to the Uno at the same time.

You will have trouble there also. The Uno uses digital pins 10-13 for the SPI, and your motor shield is going to use digital pins 11-13.

I usually don't recommend this, but if I had the choice between the Uno and Mega, I would pick the Mega for this. You could "pin bend" digital 11-13 on the Wifly and jumper to digital 50-52 (Mega SPI). Then digital 11-13 would be free for the motor shield.

I just read a bit more detail about the mega and thought i might try that, that seems a good idea, thanks for the help. it will be a while before i actually get down to adding the wifly as its a bit out of my price range at the moment but ill update this topic if i need more help. :)

If you have not purchased the hardware yet, then get a Mega and plan on this wifi shield. It is Mega compatible. It will not interfere with digital pins 11-13, and requires no "pin bending" or jumpers. http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoWiFiShield