Wiimote on Arduino Setup

Hey guys, I need some help getting started. I'm having a difficult time finding everything I need. I like to keep things organized so I want to know everything before I make a purchase. I am trying to follow this post.

I see where to buy the Arduino & USB Shield, but where can I buy the supported Bluetooth dongle in the post? I have a dongle but it probably isn't supported. Where can I download an example of the code and the library used?

I've been browsing through watching the video and I want to make sure that this has ALL the Wiimote Buttons + Accelerometers + Infrared.

Any guidance is much appreciated! Thanks guys.

Looking at the guide its built to support the Cambridge Silicon Radio(CSR) Bluecore 4 Chipset. this should do it http://www.dealextreme.com/p/super-mini-bluetooth-2-0-adapter-dongle-vista-compatible-16229

That's it! Now I found some code here. I see some button and accelerometer states which is great, but what is the chance there is code for the infrared readings? I would like the Arduino to behave based on the orientation of the Wiimote not only by accelerometer but where it is pointing on a screen.

Thanks guys!

Hello nintendo9713:

I followed your directions and successfully downloaded, installed and uploaded the code for the Wiimote to my Arduino MEGA board, but what I get from the serial monitor is 'lost bluetooth connection. I notice that when I press a button on the Wiimote, all LEDs blink 2 or 3 seconds and I do not know if it is enough. Do you know if I am doing something wrong?

Thank you Rafael

Hey rafcab, I actually have not followed the tutorial nor was I the author. I am just looking for more information so I’m sorry I can’t help but would appreciate it if you could post here or message me if you make any progress on the project.

In my experience with WiiMotes, you hold 1 & 2 to sync a Wiimote with a Bluetooth adapter.

Hi, I tried what you suggested (I think I already did it before) and this time I managed to connect to Wiimote. At least one of the Wiimote LEDs stayed on meaning that it connected to the dongle. The bad news are that the code still showed 'Lost Bluetooth connection'. I'll keep trying.

Regards Rafael

If you get it working, please let me know. I'd love to see it functional.