will braiding wires influance noise or cross-talk?

on my CNC control cabinet, i thought perhaps to reduce wire clutter, that i could braid 3 wires (for hall-effect limit switches). the wires would be 5Vdc, Gnd, and Digital signal.

Pairs of wires can just be twisted-pair, but i wasn't sure about 3 wires. I realize that the power and ground should be clean, to be paired with a digital signal. but i just wanted to be sure, as braiding twists the wires differently.

Thanks in advance for any help :smiley:

~Travis

Yes thats fine - the signal wire forms a transmission line with both ground and Vcc as returns.

Its much faster to twist the 3 wires with a hand-drill or cordless drill, braiding is time consuming.

One.jpg

2017-02-04_23-56-08.jpg

2016-02-22_22-47-40.png

PDF file : http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=381469.0;attach=156095

Issues like this always require considering the degree of the problem, not just its existence. It's not just a question of "will it or will it not create cross-talk"? You also have to ask "How much will it create?" and "Is that enough to cause a problem?".

Cross-talk usually exists between signals. Braiding the power, ground, and signal lines for 1 Hall sensor (and only that Hall sensor) doesn't really provide any other talks in the braid that can get crossed. But even if you did braid the cables for multiple sensors together, noise is mostly a concern for low-value, high impedance signals. The large swing of a digital signal means the noise would have to be quite strong to cause problems.

I don't think there's anything to worry about.I would be more concerned routing them near the stepper motor power cables than near other Hall cables.