Will insall correctly???

Hi I am a newbie and I hope I am asking this in the correct section.

I have an Arduino Uno and I have installed the ide version 1.8.2 (Windows Store 1.8.3.0) The only board in the list is Arduino/Genuino Uno

I can not get any thing to compile keeps reporting an error see below.

open preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Arduino Uno is not in board list. I hope this makes sense to you.

help

Clive

What does your Device Manager look like?

Are you missing a driver?

cliveg06: The only board in the list is Arduino/Genuino Uno ... Arduino Uno is not in board list.

Same thing. If you have an Uno use Arduino/Genuino Uno. That's not the cause of the error.

cliveg06: open preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I wonder if that could be caused by your antivirus software scanning the newly created file? You could try temporarily disabling the antivirus to see if it solves the problem and if so you will need to whitelist that folder in your antivirus settings.

You could also try the the regular IDE from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software instead of the Windows Store version to see if that helps.

Hi
See atached

It confirms Arduino Uno COM3

Thanks

Hi Guys

The moral of the story is when the little box pops up and asks do you want to down load the .zip or would you like to get it from the App Store. The answer should be HELL NO I AKE THE ZIP.

You don't install the drivers with the App version.

thanks clive.

Windows Store in general seems to have been an utter disaster. Does anyone even use it? I’ve never met anyone who’s installed anything through windows store…