Will the battery equal divide between two PCBS

Hello Everyone,

I have made a custom pcb that is attached on top of a Arduino MEGA to control a robotic Arm. The Custom PCB is only fit for 3.5 amps(12 volts) of battery supply and I have a 6 amp(12 volts) power supply. If I connect this battery to two of the same custom PCBs will it still work and divide the amp equally.

Thank you so much ahead of time!

-Christopher

Each board will draw the current it needs.
If that is more than the supply can provide, then: the supply voltage may droop; the output may get “dirty”; the output may shutdown until the load is reduced; the supply may overheat and shutdown until the load is reduced.

I am surprised you made a board without prototyping it first. It appears you did a design and are looking for an application. You can always put a fuse in line with each board to protect it. The boards do not have to be the same nor do they have to draw the same current. You might include a schematic not a frizzy thing if you need more help.

jjust:
Hello Everyone,

I have made a custom pcb that is attached on top of a Arduino MEGA to control a robotic Arm. The Custom PCB is only fit for 3.5 amps(12 volts) of battery supply and I have a 6 amp(12 volts) power supply. If I connect this battery to two of the same custom PCBs will it still work and divide the amp equally.

Thank you so much ahead of time!

-Christopher

If they try to draw 3.5A each there will be problems. Don’t skimp on power supply capability - if
each board can draw upto 3.5A, a 10A supply is the right sort of value to go for - comfortably able
to handle 7A continuously without getting hot.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.