Will these generic RF relay modules interfere with one another?

https://tinkersphere.com/power/1192-remote-control-4-channel-12v-dc-relay-switch.html

Hi all,

Just wondering if I purchased two of these generic RF modules to control things, will they interfere with one another if in the same area since they are on the same frequency? Or do they employ some sort of sub frequency (or error checking?) like other more expensive RF devices like radio controlled airplanes etc where they don't interfere?

Thank you,

will they interfere with one another

Why not ask the seller ?

Do you aim to control the transmitters with an Arduino ?

I could ask the seller about these particular ones in the link I provided but it was more of a general question regarding these generic modules. When I google "four channel rf relay" there are obviously hundreds of results from many suppliers. I was curious if they all exhibited a common behavior at the "cheap and cheerful" chinese prices.

I have a few applications where I would be interested in putting an Arduino at the receiving end. When the relay is triggered, the Arduino can decide how long to keep the relay active, record the event, etc.

I was curious if they all exhibited a common behavior at the "cheap and cheerful" chinese prices.

Being a cynic, I would expect the common behavior to be unreliability :)

My expectation is that any such key fob from the vendor will control any such relay board as delivered. That is to say one key fob will trip multiple relay boards in the locale.

Some of these can be programmed with jumpers to de-conflict: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=639752.0 It's not obvious what is the chip set or what programmability is in the product linked in the original post, so if you need that capability look for something that explicitly advertises it.

For the cost quoted it would almost certainly be cheaper to use a couple of Nano clones, a 4 channel relay board and 4 tact switches and build your own

Did you read the description, specifically this line?

Frequency: 433Mhz or 315Mhz (pre-paired with remote)

doublec4: https://tinkersphere.com/power/1192-remote-control-4-channel-12v-dc-relay-switch.html

Hi all,

Just wondering if I purchased two of these generic RF modules to control things, will they interfere with one another if in the same area since they are on the same frequency? Or do they employ some sort of sub frequency (or error checking?) like other more expensive RF devices like radio controlled airplanes etc where they don't interfere?

Thank you,

Why would you expect interference? I have two garage doors with an opener, and both have the same receiver and key fob transmitters and there's never been a question of one interfering or opening the other. They are on the same frequency? So what? There's thousands of cell phones within a mile of you- all on the same frequency.

I was curious if they all exhibited a common behaviour at the "cheap and cheerful" Chinese prices.

Think about what that question really means; there will be an unknown and pretty much unknowable number of different manufacturers with different designs of different levels of quality, it is not possible to know if they exhibit any common behaviour. Even if you bought up every one you could find and tested all of them against all the others you could never be sure if you missed one. The question is impossible to give a satisfactory answer to.

Buy some and see if they do the job you want them to do.

[EDIT] Oh, please, when you HAVE bought a sample of every one you can find and tested them all one against all the others, please share your results on here :-)

Most of these systems are AFAIK based on the PT2262 chipset, or similar. The remote could have address solder bridges, and the receiver also has bridges or a 'learning/pair' button. 433 or 315Mhz, and not very reliable (distance). See this page for more info. Leo..