Will this platform play 4K film with various actuators?

We are building an art installation that requires a variety of actuator connections as well as the display of 4k film on an embedded monitor. We used Python to develop the actuators using a Raspberry Pi but are unable to include the 4K film; something we now realise the RPi isn’t capable of. My question is, will the Beagleboard manage a series of actuators such as solenoids and fans as well as run 4K film? If it will work but with the addition of other elements, could you please include that information in your response. Thank you.

This is an Arduino forum, it has nothing to do with Raspberry Pi, nor with Beaglebone.
You might have more luck on a RPi or Beaglebone forum.

Pieter

My apologies, the question is about Arduino, but I have been trying to find a platform that will work and forgot to edit my question for this site. Sorry about that. I already know that RPi isn't powerful enough to run 4K, only 2K, my question is: can Arduino combine running 4K film with actuator management. Thanks again.

PieterP:
This is an Arduino forum, it has nothing to do with Raspberry Pi, nor with Beaglebone.
You might have more luck on a RPi or Beaglebone forum.

Pieter

This. Having said that, I have a beagle bone black and it can't get anywhere close to 4K. No idea about the other models.

An Arduino is a microcontroller, not a single-board computer. It doesn't have any sort of graphics processing unit. It can barely handle 128×64 displays on its own, and only basic shapes and text. Decoding 4K video is just impossible.

There is overlap between what a Pi and an Arduino can do with the Pi being more adept at video etc.
If the Pi cannot handle 4K then you probably need a hybrid solution with an Arduino handling actuators and communicating with something else that manages the 4k.

I think you have to consider a very different approach.

1. get a device capable of playing your 4k video (dedicated players are pretty cheap), and which can be electronically controlled.

2. get an Arduino to do all controls: send the signals to the actuators, and the commands to video player to start/stop playing the video (I am assuming here this is pre-recorded video, not generated on the fly).

The Arduino will have a really easy task sending out those commands and signals, so you don't have to worry too much about timing and lag here.

This is probably the easiest course of action. Use the right tool for the job. The processing power of an Arduino is nothing compared to the RPi, it can't do video of any kind. The Arduinos do shine when it comes to producing electronic signals to actuators, or sending out commands to control other devices.

as well as the display of 4k film

Is it really film?