wind speed measering

hi, i'm new here. i would be very much pleased if any help can be given to me upon my project. recently i started to develop a arduino based mobile whether station capable of measuring wind speed wind direction, temperature, humidity, pressure, rain fall . within that i tried to calculate the wind speed from a custom build hard disk anemometer and what i wanted to get is the speed through a 4 digit 7 segment LED display.i can't clearly figure out a way to do so... please help any way . thanks in advance. :) :)

please do not crosspost. Other post removed.

The best way to get started is to take one sensor at the time and learn to master it.
If you are confident with multiple sensors, write your final program.

To handle multiple sensors the “blink without delay” technique can be very useful.
It is in the reference section.

Greensprings: First the display part, figure out how to get your display talking to arduino and printing anything.

Than figure out how to get your sensor to talk to the arduino

The OP may think that this means, after he has figured out how to get the display to work, he should then figure out how the sensors work using the display for debugging.

In my view it would be much easier to figure out how each sensor works - one at a time - with short programs that just write data to the Serial Monitor. Then, when he knows how to do all the parts separately he can bring them all together.

This Thread about planning and implementing a program may be helpful.

...R

To measure wind speed, you will want to measure rotation speed. You can use light, eg with an LED and sensor counting a black spot coming by, or a magnet with a hall effect switch. Then you count number of rotations in a given time or time between rotations.

walshlg:
To measure wind speed, you will want to measure rotation speed. You can use light, eg with an LED and sensor counting a black spot coming by, or a magnet with a hall effect switch. Then you count number of rotations in a given time or time between rotations.

not necessary, see http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,53569.0.html
for a wind speed and direction sensor based upon ultrasound.