WINDOWS 10 And ELF, HEX- files (sigh !!)

HI,

I have my Arduino IDE (AI (!)) on my Windows 10 .

When ever I start a new project I can compile the project, but getting the ELF-code, the Hex-code and the LST file is a a living h*ll, due to the protection facilities in Windoze.

In my new project it is crucial to change some of the interrupt routines (time problems, and I think I can improve speed (at least in some int-routines), by examining them carefully and (carefully) modify them if/where possible. But I can't get access to the files, due to the fact(s), that windows is protecting the USER-directory, and (second) it is not possible to change the destination library i AI.

So IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION LIBRARY in the ARDUINO IDE, to a library, that does not disappear after the ARDUINO IDE exit. ????

And second question: Is it possible to get the ARDUINO IDE to create an ASSEMBLER LISTING mixed with the original C/C++ lines. That will makes live much easier for me ..

Thanks anyway.

Kris
AKA
snestrup2016

snestrup2016:
I have my Arduino IDE (AI (!))

Please don't do that. It just makes things too confusing. Nobody calls it "AI".

snestrup2016:
windows is protecting the USER-directory

What is the specific problem? You're the user, so there should be no problem for you to access the directory.

snestrup2016:
it is not possible to change the destination library

This "destination library" is a confusing term. I'm pretty sure you mean the build folder.

snestrup2016:
So IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION LIBRARY in the ARDUINO IDE, to a library, that does not disappear after the ARDUINO IDE exit. ????

Yes. There is a build.path preference. You can set it to any path you like by defining it in the Arduino IDE's preferences.txt file. There is a link to that file in File > Preferences. But make sure to exit the Arduino IDE before editing preferences.txt because it is loaded on IDE startup and saved on IDE exit, so any changes to the file made while the IDE is running will have no effect.

You can also set it from the command line if you prefer:

Or if you really like the command line, give Arduino CLI a try. It also has the capability to configure the build output location.

snestrup2016:
Is it possible to get the ARDUINO IDE to create an ASSEMBLER LISTING mixed with the original C/C++ lines.

Yes. You can see it done in ATTinyCore here:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.