Windows 10 on HP Pavilion PC does not provide COM port access

When Arduino attempts to upload, it fails with the message that the attempt to start the transfer does not find a COM Port. Does Arduino offer a method to gain access to "Legacy" COM ports?

Please do this:

• (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
  • Uncheck the checkbox next to “Show verbose output during: compilation”
  • Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
  • Click “OK”
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails, you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum’s code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press “Ctrl + V”. This will paste the upload output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

does not exist or your board is not connected
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

You did not post the complete error message as pert instructed (notice how the start of the message is cut off?)

What board are you trying to upload to?

Are there options available in the Tools -> Port menu?

If not, that indicates a driver (or hardware) problem.

Ensure that you are using a known good USB cable - there is a plague of bad ones going around. I think someone is shipping Arduino kits with poorly made, failure prone USB cables. Additionally, charging-only cables do exist (mostly an issue with boards that use a micro-usb connector, since most charging only cables are made for cell-phones)

Official Uno/Mega boards use an atmega16u2 (running appropriate firmware) as the serial adapter, and official nano v3 uses FT232RL as serial adapter. Drivers for these are installed with the IDE.

Clones almost all use the (much cheaper, and more resistant to electrical abuse than the 16u2) CH340G serial adapter. Drivers for this are not installed with the IDE. Google your OS version, ch340g and the word drivers, download, and install those drivers, and it should sort things out.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 137250 bytes (54%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 4669 bytes (56%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3523 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cwiring -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_77297/Marlin.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM3
         Using Programmer              : wiring
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
avrdude: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port
avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid.

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

avrdude done.  Thank you.

the selected serial port 
 does not exist or your board is not connected

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Printer is Creality CR10S with board [43]

PC is hp Pavilion 570-p022 with a single pcie slot available only. NO SERIAL PORT Purchased TWO
years ago with Windows 10 factory installed and upgraded to latest Win10 version, does not
support retired legacy such as "com" ports.

Your Question : "...Tools->Port menu?" PLEASE CLARIFY CONTEXT

USB CABLES??? using several all in use elsewhere My first computer was programmed in OCTAL on
a sheet of paper and entered on a binary switch panel in the year nineteen sixty. You have not
established that I am a novice. To initially make that assumption compromises your credibility.

"Official Uno..." ...and this paragraph offers a SOLUTION to my request HOW?

"Clones almost all use./.." ...and this paragraph offers a SOLUTION to my request HOW?

I have struggled with this problem for months, and have exhausted all reasonable methods to
overcome this issue.

Now I come to the fountainhead of all things ARDUINO in the hope that there is a solution known
within this highest authority.

personal footnote...each day I don't buy green bananas, I may not be there to eat them when they
are ripe. Hence, a solution is of temporal importance to me.

Arduino doesnt use “real” legacy serial com ports, it uses usb/serial converters that should show up on your pc as a COM port, even though there is no physical de9 port anywhere in sight.

If you have the proper drivers installed, the com port should appear in the device manager, but you still have to select the CORRECT com port in the boards menu. “The proper drivers” depends on the exact arduino board that you have. Drivers for the official arduino boards are included with the IDE install, but NOT the drivers for all the possible clones that exist. So if you have a clone, you need to tell us what variety, so that we can suggest which driver you might need.

In the rare event that you have an arduino with an actual com port rather than usb, you will need to provide a special cable or adapter (usb to serial) on your own. And again, we’d need more details to suggest which cable...

a few things worth pointing out
A CR10S Control board is an ATMEGA2560, not an Uno.
It does NOT have an Arduino bootloader, which means you cannot program it directly.

You need to follow this procedure listed here - https://www.instructables.com/id/Flashing-a-Bootloader-to-the-CR-10/