Windows 8 dont recognizes my Arduino UNO R3

When I connect My Arduino to My PC it says: 'USB not Recognized' My Arduino was working fine. I tried re-installing driver, re-installing Arduino-IDE but it only worked once but now when i connect Arduino to PC it says: 'USB not recognized' again. it works fine on another computer with Windows 7. in device status it says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

How to fix this?

Try this procedure. It is for Windows XP, Vista, Seven and (I hope) for Windows 8

I can see 'Ports (COM & LPT)' in my device manager. When I open it, it shows Arduino UNO (COM5). But when i open description it says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I tried

K5CZ:

campbellcd1: I have no Com & LPT, folder, and am clueless how to move forward.

And can you see any unknown device?

So, try this little trick: open Command prompt then write to console two commands (end with ENTER key) set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 start devmgmt.msc this opens Device Manager with hidden devices

At last, click to Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager

but it didn't work. i have tried re-installing drivers but it didnt work too. in HW ID it says:

USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

i dont know what happened to my Arduino. it was working fine. (it was saying 'USB Device not recognized' few month ago but after re-connecting it was working but now when i re-connect arduino it says: 'USB Device not recognized'

how to fix it? can this be caused by code that is uploaded on Main Microcontroller (Atmega328)?

So it's time to test your Arduino to another computer and see whether it works or not.

USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE indicates a problem with the driver (corrupted, not completely installed) or device (wrong firmware in the ATmega16U2/burned ATmega16U2) or communication (bad cable, the cold junction), here are some hints: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/errorc/a/code-43-error.htm