Windows Live

Well, I just got a Windows Live Messenger account, and if anyone here has an account please tell me :). It’d be nice to be able to talk without resorting to a thread each time (like this one :)).

Mine is tchnclfl(at)gmail(dot)com .

Or you can click on this: |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
/

supporting microsoft, are we?

Well, I do generally support Microsoft (:P), but I know a lot of people at school using MSN rather than other services, so I went with it :P.

Facebook group time :wink:

Oh, is that what “Windows Live” is? I thought it was a new version they were working on for use in cyborgs…

(And, yes, as a matter of fact, it could get more lame: my alternatives were “an oxymoron”, “a desperate prayer”, and “Gates’ failed attempt to one-up Wozniak’s Us Festival”.)

Well, I just got a Windows Live Messenger account, and if anyone here has an account please tell me Smiley. It’d be nice to be able to talk without resorting to a thread each time (like this one Smiley).

I suggest you get on the #arduino and #sparkfun IRC chats.
Then you can chat to everyone :slight_smile:

Mowcius

Do people still use IRC?

I don’t think I’ve been on IRC in a decade, and even then I was disappointed I couldn’t find any of my old friends.

I used to have a combined modem and soundcard. I could get knocked off-line by people making mIRC ding at me too much.

edit: dalnet? efnet?

Oo I’ll try the IRC channel a bit later :).

Do people still use IRC?

I don’t think I’ve been on IRC in a decade, and even then I was disappointed I couldn’t find any of my old friends.

I used to have a combined modem and soundcard. I could get knocked off-line by people making mIRC ding at me too much.

Loads of people use the IRC.
There are normally at least 30 people online (granted some people aren’t actually there but hey).

If you go on when all the people in the US are awake it’s normally a bit busier. If you go on in the monring (GMT) then it’s a bit quetier but there’s normally still at least 2 or 3 people watching it.

I suggest using the #sparkfun IRC chat as well as there are a load of people on there as well and an equally friendly bunch. There are of course a load of people on both as well. :wink:

Mowcius

Cool, I’ll have a nosey after the weekend.

Facebook group time

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=4646014123
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Arduino/53163054643?ref=ts

Alas, I haven’t yet seen a “social network” site that has managed to sustain any sort of technical discussion/community…

Then of course there is also this one with more ‘likes’:

Yeah Facebook is not a good idea (Although I have now ‘liked’ the first 3 of those just cos I can)

This has gone off the topic of windows live but I think spreading windows live is a bad idea unless you want random people adding you who might be some gay man or something… :o

Mowcius

Although I have now ‘liked’ the first 3 of those just cos I can

Me too! Ah well, I guess most people don’t use Windows live. I’ll try out the IRCs too.

Mowcius:

I think spreading windows live is a bad idea unless you want random people adding

I’ve met internet randoms from a couple of forums who were all lovely, and one random from Messenger. I don’t allow randoms to speak to me on it now.