Wintek WD-H1203Y-L

Hello everyone:

I have an old Netgear MP101 that has a nice 4 line LCD in it that I would like to be able to use for a project. The LCD shows "Wintek WD-H1203Y-L". Does anyone know anything about this screen and how to utilize it with the Arduino UNO? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I couldn't find an LCD datasheet using those numbers. Can you provide a photograph of both sides of the pc board on which it is mounted, describe the external connections, identify the controller chip, etc. ?

Don

The board shows as a Netgear MP101-MB Ver: A. The chip is Winbond W78LE51P-24 W78LE51P-24 Datasheet(PDF) - Winbond. I took some pictures of the LCD and front and back of the board and uploaded them here http://www.keepandshare.com/photo/447813/netgear-mp101. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

The only external connections from the board are the ribbon cable to the LCD, a soldered connection to the antenna for wireless communication, and a red, black, and orange connection going to the remote control sensor.

As I haven't heard anything back on the subject, I'm going to assume that it presently isn't possible with this LCD. Looking at the number leads coming from it, it probably isn't the best choice for an Uno anyway unless alot of them aren't necessary. Either way, I'll turn my attention to a different LCD screen. Thanks to all you viewed this topic. :slight_smile:

it presently isn't possible with this LCD.

No datasheet, no go.

I know this is an old thread, but I am working on breaking down my old MP101 and was a bit disappointed to not find a datasheet for the LCD.

I found this thread and thought, "Hey, maybe I can shed some light for those who still have their LCD's." Though I can't do a full analysis yet, I can provide what I know from a visual inspection.

So far, I can say that the ribbon has 34 pins, with the first pin labeled 1 and the last labeled 34 (note, 1-based and not 0-based). With the screen side up is right way up for the ribbon. Pin 33 terminates before going anywhere, so I think it's safe to say that it is a NC pin.

Pins 32 and 34 break off to the right and connect to the back of the housing to terminals labeled A & K, respective. Presumably these are the anode and cathode (kathode) of the LED backlight, but must be determined.

Peeling back the tape on the face side reveals eight additional pins, four to either side of the original 34 (last three are NC), none of which pass through the ribbon. Pins 1 and 40 are numerically labeled on the ribbon and are the second pins in from either side. Because of this, pins 0 and 41 may not be considered actual pins by the manufacturer.

Under the glass, there appears to be 34 traces fanning, along the top edge of the top glass to the bottom edge of the matrix, out to either side in equal numbers (17 per side) from what maybe a control chip. This seems odd, since there are only 31 "data" pins.

Reviewing images, it looks like the display may be a negative type graphic display of similar dpi as a TI-83 series graphing calculator, as can be seen in the image below.

That is all I can do for now. Sometime in the near future, I will desolder the ribbon connector from the board and solder to something I can stick in a breadboard.

Update 1:
I have confirmed that pins 32 and 34 are the anode and cathode of the backlight.

Update 2:
Through the "miracle" of a quality phone camera (and a MM continuity check), I have determined that pins 1, 30 and 31 are ground pins.

I have also traced pins 2 through 14 to pins on the Altera MAX EPM3128ATC100-10, an EEPROM based programmable logic device. The version used by Netgear was the 100-pin TQFP and the pinout is available from Altera's website. The LCD pins are connected, in reverse order, to pins 40, 41, 42, 44-50, 51, 52 and 54. These pins are all user I/O pins on the Altera chip, so it is likely these 13 pins are data-in on the LCD.

In order to better organize my discoveries, I am putting the pinouts that I've traced at the bottom of my post. All further updates will be placed just before this. In my pinout list, I will also list the known connections to other chips.

Pinout

• 1 - GND
  • 2 - DATA - Altera 54
  • 3 - DATA - Altera 52
  • 4 - DATA - Altera 51
  • 5 - DATA - Altera 50
  • 6 - DATA - Altera 49
  • 7 - DATA - Altera 48
  • 8 - DATA - Altera 47
  • 9 - DATA - Altera 46
  • 10 - DATA - Altera 45
  • 11 - DATA - Altera 44