Wire library and I2C Byte Data type?

Hello, I am trying to write the time and configure the alarms on a MCP9740 RTCC using the Wire library. I am having some trouble figuring out what kind of data to send. I am very new to programming , so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my code:

#include <Wire.h>
int rtc_address = 0x6F; 
void setup()
{
  Wire.begin();        // join i2c bus (address optional for master)
  Serial.begin(9600);  // start serial for output
  int reg0 = 0;
}

void loop()
{

Serial.println("begin"); 
  Wire.beginTransmission(rtc_address);    // send to slave ID 0x6F =  
  Wire.write(0x01);
  Wire.write(0);
  Wire.endTransmission();

Serial.println("sent"); 

int i = 2;
  int reg0 = Wire.read();
  while( i > reg0 )
  {
  Serial.println("read");
  Wire.beginTransmission(rtc_address);    // send to slave ID 0x6F =  
  Wire.write(0x03);
  Wire.endTransmission();
  Wire.requestFrom(rtc_address, 2);
    while(Wire.available() == 0);
    Serial.println(reg0);
  delay(2000);
  }
}

Here is a picture of the ‘memory map’ for the registers from the datasheet:

Each column in that table refers to a bit, and so my question is what kind of data do I send to this?
I can see how sending a hex value for the address byte works, as does the I2C address, which I got using a scanning sketch.
What kind of data do I send for the time now? In the datasheet it says that the times are in BCD also, how do I calculate this?

Note, I have been able to observe the minutes register count through minutes on my serial terminal, but I don not understand why this was displayed as a decimal value. Does the Arduino IDE autoconvert hex to decimal and such?

Okay, so my friend who is taking an Assembly class explained it to me. The minutes are in BCD which I calculated here: http://ncalculators.com/digital-computation/bcd-decimal-converter.htm The tens digit represented by bits 4, 5 & 6 wont be over 7 so you can assume that the first digit in the BCD value is going to be 0 and you can cut it off, so don't need four bits. The ones digit is regular BCD.

Example: 33 seconds = 011 (tens, notice the first 0 is cut off) 0011 (ones). 3 in decimal = 0011 in BCD.

Other bits which have simpler on/off settings are just 0 or 1. So if you wanted to set the seconds you write 33 seconds to register 0 or 0x00 (not shown in my cut from the datasheet.) 1 - 011 - 00111

Hope this helps anyone else!