wire library

hello,

i tried to use the new “Wire” library with my two arduino boards NG (arduino 006, mac OsX 10.4.8 and PC windows XP). i used the examples “master_writer” and “slave_receive” in the sketchbook to work with. i connected two boards over the analog inputs 4 + 5 (as described as the i2c pins in the atmega8 datasheet). unfortunately it didn’t work. but i need this library, because for my new project i want to “talk” many boards (up to 16) to each other.

any suggestions,

cheers,

fux

hello,

now i add two resistors (1,8 k ohm) each connected to one wire and the ground of my “master” arduino board. i got this hint from here:

http://www.sprut.de/electronic/pic/grund/i2c.htm

but then, when my “slave” board receives a byte through the i2c/twi connection, the programm hangs up. has anyone built a connection between two arduino boards NG successfully and can give me a hint? i used the two examples “master_writer” and “slave_receive” by nicholas zambetti, orginally written for the wiring board. or are there other possibilities to connect two boards (for example via a rx/tx connection). but as i descriped before i want to use up to 16 boards and therefore the wire library would be the perfect solution for me.

thanks,
fux