Wireless Arduino with unity

Hi everyone,

I would like to know, if it is possible to control at least 3 arduino uno with a wifi module, from unity. My purpose is to create a better immersion for my game, so I have to control fans, subwoofers, and other stuff when some events appears in the game.

Thanks in advance

You need to provide more information.

I know nothing about Unity or whether it can send data using WiFi. Can you provide some examples of the WiFi messages that will come from Unity?

Assuming it can then you can certainly have a WiFi interface with an Arduno - with a WFi shield (expensive) or with an add-on ESP8266 WiFi module. The ESP8266 can also be programmed without needing any Arduino.

You have not said why you need more than one Arduino, or whether it would be sufficient for one Arduino to receive the WiFi and send messages to the others.

…R

Sorry for the late, I don't know that the arduino forum don't send messages when an answer pop up.

So, I want to send messages like, true or false on a specified pin, or a float (like a frequence).

I don't know what informations you need, and I just wanna know if it is possible or not.

MrChuckchucky:
I don't know what informations you need, and I just wanna know if it is possible or not.

You will first need to find out what capabilities Unity has so that you can tell us.

...R

PS. Check the Forum regularly. Most questions get an answer within hours.

I'm talking about Unity 3D the game engine

MrChuckchucky:
I'm talking about Unity 3D the game engine

Indeed. But you still need to know what it can do so you can tell us.

Maybe there are Forums about Unity that could help you.

...R

Forget it, I will find the answer by myself

MrChuckchucky:
Forget it, I will find the answer by myself

Well, I did say in Reply #1 that I know nothing about Unity. I do know a little about Arduinos.

...R

So don’t answer if you don’t know what to say

MrChuckchucky:
So don’t answer if you don’t know what to say

What got you so grumpy today?

Your Original Post asks about a lot more than Unity. When I started trying to help I did not realize you would turn grumpy.

…R

"I would like to know, if it is possible to control at least 3 arduino uno with a wifi module, from unity."

This is clear, isn't it ? Okay, I will be clearer. Is that possible to control 3 arduino uno via wifi from Unity ?

I don't want your opinion or something, I just want an answer "yes or no".

Why are you asking a question about Unity on Arduino forum?

Unity or no, is that possible to control at least 3 arduino uno via wifi from one computer ?

arduino uno with WiFi module is controllable over WiFi. the count of arduinos is irrelevant if they are not to close together (wifi interference).

better choice as uno with wifi module is an esp8266 based board. it can be programmed the Arduino way (IDE, sketch, upload)

Thank you

I believe most, if not all, of the information in Reply #13 was already in Reply #1

...R

Are you kidding me ?