wireless buttons to use in an arduino project to control analog inputs

I have finished my binary clock project which is a binary coded decimal clock in a wooden building housing.
I have made it so that the power is fed from the bottom and there is no more holes. I did not want to sacrifice the look of the model (but I should've made holes for the buttons).

I do have the buttons to set hours/minutes, to switch alarm on/off and to turn lights on/off. But everything is inside of the model. The top section just lifts off and it can be secured in place with tiny threaded bolts. But when the clock is unplugged from power source, it forgets the alarm time. It does remember time though (with DS3231 module). So, it is not very convenient to lift off the cover to set things.

So, I was wondering may be I can find some wireless buttons, the contacts of which I could possibly place inside in the right circuits and just control them from outside of the model. Is that possible at all or is that science fiction? :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Attaching the final version of the code too.

sketch_dec27a.ino (15.2 KB)

You could write the alarm time into eeprom.

Advanced option is to attach an esp8266 module and use Blynk to set the alarm time (and time) with a Smartphone. Blynk cloud would remember the alarm time and Blynk would also cover the current time without the RTC module.

Juraj:
You could write the alarm time into eeprom.

Advanced option is to attach an esp8266 module and use Blynk to set the alarm time (and time) with a Smartphone. Blynk cloud would remember the alarm time and Blynk would also cover the current time without the RTC module.

How about using something like this? It's a remote, 5 volt, 4 channel momentary switch.