wireless camera over rf communication

Hello,

I have learned how to send data between two hc12 transceivers.
Next I would like to make an outdoor rf controlled vehicle with first person view. I have seen some tutorials with wifi modules, but how about rf communication modules? I am concerned that 1200 bps transfer rate is not enough for video streaming (low resolution, low fps, monochrome). Does anyone have experience with such projects?

If it is possible:
Would there be enough free transmission time to send status/control updates in between video frames?
Any recommended camera models?

Here is one example. 160x120 resolution streaming so not Hidef but enough to be fun.

For the sort of video quality that is required for FPV an Arduino is completely inadequate. Consider a Raspberry PI.

An Arduino can't even deal with decent quality still images.

...R

Every good/usable FPV solution I have seen so far was analog. With digital signals you have a significantly higher latency.

felic:
Every good/usable FPV solution I have seen so far was analog. With digital signals you have a significantly higher latency.

I have no experience of FPV but I find that hard to believe. Doesn't it use a digital camera?

...R

Robin2:
I have no experience of FPV but I find that hard to believe. Doesn’t it use a digital camera?

…R

Yes but you can still transmit the video signal in analog. There are a number of “TV extender” type products that send video over 433MHz or other license-free bands in analog. Resolution will be poor. HD at best but more likely SD.

So much depends on the speed and range of the secret “vehicle” that the OP did not tell us. Maybe it is a submarine?

This is the way to do it. Not an Arduino but a Raspberry Pi:-

MorganS:
So much depends on the speed and range of the secret "vehicle" that the OP did not tell us. Maybe it is a submarine?

I have ordered some boat propellers with motors, so first I would go with a boat at a pond and later at lake, as it would have the simplest construction. If it is success, then do a wheeled vehicle.

I expect at least 100m range. Thats why I want a camera. No point in attaching a camera and driving around my shoes.

gbafamily:
Here is one example. 160x120 resolution streaming so not Hidef but enough to be fun.

This one is something I would want to achieve, but it uses ESP32 - it is WiFi.

I will accept that my goal is not reachable. Maybe I try to do low res photos and send them at 1 FPS.

Thank you all for the answers

With the proper budget, everything is reachable, even the Moon.

You are asking the wrong forum here. FPV video will never be done with Arduinos. Ask on a forum with "FPV" in the name.