wireless color recognition using TCS230

Hello everybody,
I want to do wireless color recognition using 2 arduino Unos and TCS230 color sensor module. When i put a colored paper in front of the color sensor module(connected to first arduino in transmitter circuit), I aim to see which color it is in LCD screen(connected to second arduino in reciever circuit) . I am planning to use 433 Mhz RF reciever-transmistter module for wireless communication. I don't have much time. Is there anyone who have worked about that kind of stuff and can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Search for TCS230 library to read the sensor.
Are you using the simple one-way Transmit only and Receive only units?
Like these for example:

Then you can use VirtualWire library to send a message indicating the color.
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/

Yes, almost the same pair I have. I have these ones, http://mcdn01.gittigidiyor.net/5678/RXA1-TXC-1-RF-ALICI-VERICI-MODUL__56782719_0.jpg
Now, I got results on my screen using the ColorMatch_TCS230 example in this library from this link Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
My results are like that;

RGB(255,0,0)
RED
RGB(0,0,255)
BLUE
and goes like that...
What I am supposed to do now is to send this data to other arduino with LCD screen and to see this results on LCD screen, or at least on screen of other computer which is connected to this second arduino. I found these two links. They look like the basic codes with Virtualwire library to send data. But I dont have any idea how I can make these two codes work together? CommunityOfRobots.com is for sale | HugeDomains
Let's Make Robots - RobotShop Community
Can you help me about putting these two codes together and make it work?

See if you can get this much to work. Virtualwire library files:
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/

Transmitter:

#include <VirtualWire.h>  // you must download and install the VirtualWire.h to your hardware/libraries folder
byte msg[3];

void setup()
{
     // Initialise the IO and ISR
   //  vw_set_ptt_inverted(true); // Required for RF Link module -THIS LINE not needed.
    vw_setup(2000);                 // Bits per sec
    // next line not needed if using the default pins of 11, 12
    vw_set_tx_pin(3);                // pin 3 is used as the transmit data out into the TX Link module, change this as per your needs  
}

void loop()
{
// add your code to do the color reading

// say you store the readings as r, g, b - set up the msg[] array:
   msg[] = {r,g,b,}; // 0-255 value for each

// and then send it out
   vw_send((uint8_t *)msg, strlen(msg));
   vw_wait_tx();                                          // Wait for message to finish
   delay(200);
}

Receiver:

#include <VirtualWire.h>    // you must download and install the VirtualWire.h to your hardware/libraries folder

void setup()
{
    Serial.begin(9600);    

// Initialise the IO and ISR
    // vw_set_ptt_inverted(true);    // Required for RX Link Module - THIS LINE not needed
    vw_setup(2000);                   // Bits per sec
   // next line not needed if using the default pins 11, 12
    vw_set_rx_pin(4);           // We will be receiving on pin 4 i.e the RX pin from the module connects to this pin. 
    vw_rx_start();                      // Start the receiver 
}

void loop()
{
    uint8_t buf[VW_MAX_MESSAGE_LEN];
    uint8_t buflen = VW_MAX_MESSAGE_LEN;

if (vw_get_message(buf, &buflen)) // check to see if anything has been received
    {
    int i;
     // Message with a good checksum received.

for (i = 0; i < buflen; i++)
    {
        Serial.print(buf[i]);                     // the received data is stored in buffer
        }
    Serial.println("");
     }
}

These are my codes for color recignition. How can i put them in these transmitter and receiver codes? and how can i do pin connections between arduino and RF modules?

ColorMatch_TCS230.ino (7.73 KB)

ColorMatch.h (610 Bytes)

I have tried to put my codes into these transmitter code but couldnt make it work. I am having so many errors while compling. I am just a starter at arduino. Can you help me about that please?

You need to tackle your issues separately. get the colour sensor to work. get the wireless to work. and then try to put them together.

I am not an expert on the wireless, there are a lot of online tutorials and descriptions and sample codes for it. Try googling the name of the particular wireless gadget you are trying to use.

If you cannot get it to work, you could start another question thread in the networking section of this forum, where people interested in wireless networks are more likely to see your problem and answer it.

It is generally not a good idea to start many different threads. But if you have a sensor problem and a networking problem, you can raise the issues separately in the appropriate part of the forum.