Wireless communication between several senders and one reciever?

I want to create two (or more) devices capable of sending a signal to one receiver. There is no need for two-way communication. The system should be closed as to not be interrupted by other senders of various kind. Size matters, as the system should be wearable without too much pain. Range needs to be around 500m in open/flat terrain with no obstacles. What type of parts would be needed?

Senders:

• button operated - signal sends as long as button is pressed
  • Capable of sending a signal to the receiver
  • Vibration function to acknowledge that the signal has been sent
  • Battery driven (rechargable LiPo's?)
  • Battery status indicator would be nice

Receiver:

• Obviously needs to be able to retrieve the signal at any time
  • Can feature an off/on-switch
  • Vibration when signaled
  • Sound when signaled (different pitch for different receiver)
  • Battery driven (rechargable LiPo's?)
  • Battery status indicator would be nice

Have a look at these Deltino devices. They contain an Atmega 328, a 2.4GHz transceiver and a h-bridge in a very small package - hence they are not really cheap. I use them for radio control of N Gauge model trains. One master and several slaves - all using the same hardware and my own Arduino software.

I wrote a Thread about them here - the newer devices have a different h-bridge so the code in that Thread needs to be changed or the smoke will escape.

Also look at the parent Deltang website. The guy who makes them is very helpful.

...R

Wearable and 500 meters and probably legal too, those three don't go together very well. Perhaps you should check first which frequencies in your country are legal and with what power.
Frequencies without license can be : 315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz, 915MHz, 2.4GHz.

Sparkfun.com has a : wireless buying guide
That is a (limited) list of possibilities.

@Robin_2: So, the second of these three options seemed like the most useful, and since 2.4GHz is open i Norway, that might work.

I would have to add a button,an on/off-switch, a vibrating module, and a battery to each of the senders (and even a battery indicator)
I would have to add an on/off-switch, a vibrating module, a speaker (that can play somewhat loud beeps), a battery and a battery indicator to the receiver.

@Peter_n: Legal frequencies in Norway are:
26.995 MHz;
27.045 MHz;
27.095 MHz;
27.145 MHz;
27.195 MHz;
27.255 MHz;
&
2.4GHz

Max output power is 0,5W.

Laivindil:
the second of these three options

Not sure what you mean - what were the other 2 ?

...R

Three devices was listed on the page you gave me... The second of those :=)

Laivindil:
Three devices was listed on the page you gave me... The second of those :=)

OK I hadn't looked at the page recently and did not remember there were 3 items.

Any particular reason why you favour the H62-R ?

...R