Wireless communication w/ temp sensor

Hello all,

I have an Arduino Duemilanove hooked up to two SHT15 temperature sensors, that light up one of three LEDs if the temperature detected on one is higher than the other, lower, or neutral. I was wondering if it was possible to have a system where I could have one of the temp sensors transmit to the Arduino as if it was wired. Since the sensors use I2c, will it be possible? I plan that they will only be a couple of inches away. Would infrared communication be better? (even though it will be in direct sunlight)

Thanks

(This is my first post, sorry if it sounds strange)

I based the project off of the tutorial from glacial wanderer

Sorry for not including all the info, I'm new. The idea is that it would be transmitting through a window, then reporting the temperature to the inside "base." A couple of inches away means that they would be attached to either side of the window. I meant for it to work with windows that didn't open. So besides the impracticality, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help

Is it possible to use something like this along with a transmitter though? http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8948 Or would that call for me to have two Arduinos?

Those devices transmit serial data over the air. Something needs to feed them that data. That something is generally a microcontroller like the Arduino.