Wireless communication

Hello everyone!
I'm having problems with a wireless communication beween two arduinos to move Rc airplanes ailerons with a bunch of servos. I used a cheap RF wireless module but I got a couple of seconds of delay (link: 315mhz xd-fst xd-rf-5v wireless transmitter receiver module board Sale - Banggood.com).
Is it an hardware problem? Have I to buy a better trasmitter?
Thank you so much!

Got to be a hardware problem, since there is no software!

Paul

We would have to see the code your using for control to know if it is software, I suppose initial signs if hardware issues could be delay increasing with distance and extra control input.

Does the arduino do anything else in the code on delay function could be fatal to your software in this situation unless using interrupts.

Hope this helps Chris.

Delay is ~5uS / mile due to distance. That isn't the problem.

Allan.

emanueledomingo:
Hello everyone!
I'm having problems with a wireless communication beween two arduinos to move Rc airplanes ailerons with a bunch of servos. I used a cheap RF wireless module but I got a couple of seconds of delay (link: 315mhz xd-fst xd-rf-5v wireless transmitter receiver module board Sale - Banggood.com).
Is it an hardware problem? Have I to buy a better trasmitter?
Thank you so much!

I guess so. Sometimes it's good to know what RC plane hobbyists use in general ...... for reliability, performance etc. So basically research (google etc) to find what people use in general. Visit RC forum sites. Gather info. Otherwise, you might buy something that doesn't do what you hoped for.

Post your code, then we can find where the delay in it is... Its not simply a slow baud rate
and long message is it?

How far do you want the arduinos to communicate, I mean the max range? The wireless module you linked to does not have a good range and is also not the most reliable one.

Hi,
Ops tx/rx.

They are only suitable for garage door openers.

What data rate are you using.
They are only good <10Kbit/s.
Rx is a superegen type, so not super stable.

Tom… :slight_smile:

They're CRAP for anything over a few tens of metres.

If you're controlling a model plane you need something with much better range.

There are many commercial offerings and I reckon unless you're a masochist you'd be better buying one of them.

They've put many man-years into development, and you won't get anywhere near as good without a similar level of effort.

Allan