Wireless connection of arduino IDE to arduino board

Is this possible and if so how?

Is this possible and if so how?

Some models of XBees have been used successfully with some boards and some versions of the IDE.

There is no way to make the XBee press the reset button, though. You still have to do that manually, at just the right time.

Well this is rather exciting…for a beginner.

I can’t figure out how to upload programs to an arduino wirelessly yet, but I did manage to get the arduino to communicate wirelessly with ‘Tera Term’.

The following program outputs the “In void loop()…” to a Tera Term window.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial MySerial(0, 1);

void setup() 
{
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  MySerial.begin(9600);
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() 
{
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: 
  MySerial.println("In void loop()....");
  Serial.println("In void loop()....");
}

That means I could potentially code my own windows program to read from and write to the same com port and control the arduino program remotely.

Using these bluetooth modules (one slave and one master):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HC-06-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Host-Slave-Module-Wireless-Serial-4pin-/221284449223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338594bbc7

With an appropriate USB cable for the PC.

That means I could potentially code my own windows program to read from and write to the same com port and control the arduino program remotely.

I've done that using C#. Two Xbees connecting the PC and the Arduino and stuff happens over there when I click stuff on my laptop here. Fun stuff.

Slight correction.

If I connect up the bluetooth module to the Tx and Rx pins of the arduino then “SoftwareSerial MySerial(0, 1);” appears to be irrelevant and it is “Serial.println(“In void loop()…”);” that results in output to the Tera Term window.

If I connect up the bluetooth module to pins 2 and 3 instead and change the first line of code to “SoftwareSerial MySerial(2, 3);” then it is “MySerial.println(“In void loop()…”);” that results in output to the tera Term window.

I had to fiddle around with the Tx and Rx lines on both bluetooth modules as well because they were originally the wrong way around, e.g. Tx of USB plug connected to Tx of bluetooth module.

It has taken me a number of attempts and a lot of online reading to nut all this out but I am finally there. I feel like I have achieved something here.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial MySerial(0, 1);

void setup() 
{
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  MySerial.begin(9600);
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() 
{
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: 
  MySerial.println("In void loop()....");
  Serial.println("In void loop()....");
}

If I connect up the bluetooth module to the Tx and Rx pins of the arduino then "SoftwareSerial MySerial(0, 1);" appears to be irrelevant and it is "Serial.println("In void loop()....");" that results in output to the Tera Term window.

You can't do software serial on the hardware serial pins at the same time that you are doing hardware serial on those pins.

PaulS:

If I connect up the bluetooth module to the Tx and Rx pins of the arduino then “SoftwareSerial MySerial(0, 1);” appears to be irrelevant and it is “Serial.println(“In void loop()…”);” that results in output to the Tera Term window.

You can’t do software serial on the hardware serial pins at the same time that you are doing hardware serial on those pins.

So I discovered for myself.