wireless connection

Hello!

I want to connect 2 boards with wireless module. I tried nRF24l01 but it had connection issues even in my house - second arduino was in next room (~5m). Which module will cover 15m distance through the walls? Close to one board will be 11kW engine.

Any of these will be good?

-CC1101 -nRF905

Do they work when closer to each other? Have you ever had these working?

They communicate between but even I connect to one module 12dBi antenna communiation distance was only couple meters longer and was not long enough for me.

It seems surprising that the nRF24s were not working over such a short distance.

Maybe there was interference from another 2.4GHz device, such as WiFi or a microwave oven. Have you tried using a different channel?

What are the walls of your house made from?

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

...R

You can use another nRF24 as a bridge between points with connection issues but check @Robin2 suggestion first.

Walls are made of brick :) nothing special. I have WiFi on 11 channel.

I'm using this shield:

Arduino Nano shield

and library by TMRh20 v1.3.1

I tried code for your topic but it works the same as this code

Code

I thought that maybe other code may work better but it didn't work.

joint009: I tried code for your topic but it works the same as this code

Have you tried other channels for your nRF24s?

Have you checked the range out of doors with a clear line of sight? I have had my low power nRF24s (with the PCB antennas) working at 110m outside.

I have had no problem communicating from one room to another through 2 thick brick walls in an old building.

How are your nRF24 modules mounted? Maybe their antennas are obscured. Post photos of your devices.

...R

Now I’m in other flat and here are worse conditions for 2.4GHz - a lot of wifi routers.
Here I’m testing this modules but modules without antennas have better communication than these with antenna

Now they are connected directly to arduino with wires not by the IO shield
distance between boards:~5m
Near are 12 WiFi networks so it’s hard to find free channel
In next wekk modules will be tested in free space now I don’t have such option.
For now modules without antenna are better than modules with antenna

Please display your image(s) in your post so we can see it(them) without downloading it(them). See this Simple Image Guide

Your comments in Reply #7 do not really tell us if you have solved the problem, or if you have made some progress or if you still need help and what you still need help with.

And you have not answered my questions in Reply #6

...R

I hvae tested other channels. Now I'm testing modules without antenna because they have better communication that these with antenna.

I edited Reply#7 - photos in attachments and added some text

joint009: I edited Reply#7 - photos in attachments and added some text

Your images are still not visible.

And I don't understand this sentence from Reply #7

Now they are connected directly to arduino with wires not by the IO shield

What do you mean by "they" What do you mean by "IO shield"

I don't think you are giving sufficient thought to making yourself understood by someone who cannot see what you are doing.

...R

Sorry for images.

By “they” I mean nRF modules.
For arduino nano I’m using shield with nRF socket.

400px-Nano_IO_shield.jpg

IM120417016_Arduino_NanoIOshield.jpg

I am not familiar with that shield.

I believe the high-power modules (with external antenna) needs more current than the low power versions so maybe the shield is not providing enough. Try powering the nRF24 from 2 x AA alkaline cells (3v) with the GND connected to the Arduino GND.

I think you can also have problems with the high-power versions if they are too close together.

...R