Wireless Detection

I need a device that can communicate high voltages and temperatures wirelessly in substations. Does anyone know of a suitable device? A particular temperature sensor/ voltmeter?

Thanks!

With such vague requirements it is impossible to recommend any particular sensors. "High voltage" is not a specification nor is "high temperature". Distance of the wireless transmission is also important.

Apologies, 100 Volts and up to 200 degree C.

100 Volts

AC or DC?

DC

communicate high voltages and temperatures

If you mean "communicate numbers representing voltage and temperature measurements" then any suitable means of transmission will work.

jremington:
If you mean "communicate numbers representing voltage and temperature measurements" then any suitable means of transmission will work.

But it needs to be able to withstand the high temperatures it measures. What I'm looking for is some kind of clip that I can attach in the substation that measures the V/ T and then sends it over to my computer which may be, say 400 yards away. I have been looking for products and contacted potential suppliers but haven't found a suitable device yet.

I see you also cross-posted this in the German part of the Forum.

You told them there that the electronics (wireless transmitter) also has to withstand that 200C.

Not going to happen.

Maybe you have to explain better what you're trying to do.
Leo..

There are sensors that can measure 200°C (thermocouples, mostly).
There are sensors that can measure 100V DC.
Most electronics can not handle 200°C for long - regular consumer electronics for sure can not (typically rated up to 85°C). Just the change in temperature (and the resulting difference in expansion of parts) is enough to destroy a project.
400 yards may or may not be a problem for wireless - it will probably work when you have line of sight, probably not when you have to go through walls.