wireless guitar/mic signal transmission

Hello!

Recently I had the idea to start a project that has to do with sound signal wireless transmission. That's because I want to get rid the cable that connects my guitar with my pedals :slight_smile:

So, I checked out a bit of what I want/need:

An ADC that will sample my signal and create words as long as 24 bits (sampling rate 48KHz):

Two transceivers to establish the connection. These are capable enough to transmit 48ksps * 24 bits:

And of course two Arduinos.
Wait! What about the DAC?

Well, I haven't found any DIP packaged DAC chip so far :frowning: Any ideas?

Thank you!

Thats 140Kb a second you wish the arduino to process ( 8k every ~57ms ). Might need to wait till the due arrives.

The cheap NRF24L01 transceivers can do pretty fast transfer apparently.

EDIT: found this DAC

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CS4391-4391-KZ-CS4391KZ-CS4391-KZ-24-Bit-Stereo-DAC-/120852272783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c235b568f#ht_617wt_1139

I didn't do the math for the delay. 57ms is pretty bad...I would love to use it on stage :confused:

The DAC you just posted is an SMD. The internet is full of SMDs but there's no DIP!

I was hopping I could use any of the existent boards, like the open codec shield

Or the music shield for seeduino:

pYro_65:
Thats 140Kb a second you wish the arduino to process ( 8k every ~57ms ). Might need to wait till the due arrives.

So obviously 32Kb of flash ram won't work for me...The sad thing is that I already own 2 arduinos.

Should I go for the Maple then? Maple | LeafLabs

Maybe if I drop the word length to 16 bit...which is CD quality (not bad either), a sample would fit there! No?