Wireless Motor Toggle

I have been building a control panel. I want it so when a press a button it will wirelessly turn on / off a motor. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a way.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thank You

I've looked everywhere

Have you looked under the bed?

Seriously, any form of wireless communication will work. First get the control working properly with wires.

I am trying to build a control panel for my room. I want t so when i push a button , a dc motor will run. Ive looked on the web to see how i can do this and the only way i can do it is if i have another aduino and two wireless transmitters and receiver modules to connect them.

Is there any other way you can think of and if i do need another aduino witch one should i get ?

( i currently have a arduno mega )

[u]thank you[/u]

Not enough info.

At first glance, a single Arduino should be fine.

But: What motor? What "two chips"?

How far apart are the button and the motor? Can you run a wire between the two of them?

I think this is what your looking for keyfob ::)

I am trying to build a control panel for my room.
I want t so when i push a button , a dc motor will run.
Ive looked on the web to see how i can do this and the only way I have found is if i have another arduino and two wireless transmitters and receiver modules to connect them.
I only need to transmit about 5m.

I don’t want a wireless 2 button keyboard , i just want a way of wirelessly connecting a arduino and a motor so i can toggle it on and off wirelessly from my Arduino using push buttons ( just to make myself clear).

Is there any other way you can think of a way with only one arduino and if i do need another arduino witch one should i get for the smallest price?

( i currently have  a arduino mega )

thank you for your time

at the moment (this is a repost),I have not had any useful posts

I will ad Karma because you are a good person if you help

Do not cross-post. Other thread removed.

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

I am trying to build a control panel for my room.
I want t so when i push a button , a dc motor will run.
Ive looked on the web to see how i can do this and the only way I have found is if i have another arduino and two wireless transmitters and receiver modules to connect them.
I only need to transmit about 5m.

I don’t want a wireless 2 button keyboard , i just want a way of wirelessly connecting a arduino and a motor so i can toggle it on and off wirelessly from my Arduino using push buttons ( just to make myself clear).

Is there any other way you can think of a way with only one arduino and if i do need another arduino witch one should i get for the smallest price?

( i currently have  a arduino mega )

thank you for your time

i currently have a arduino mega

Wouldn't you need two, one to do the sending of button press and one to do the receiving of the button press and operation of the motor?

The below person has a similar problem.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=351057.0

If I understand correctly you want your buttons to be connected to your existing Mega and to be able to control a motor that is about 5 meters away.

I reckon that will need a second Arduino. You don't say if the motor is in the same space as the Mega - if so you might be able to use Infra-red for your wireless connectionn. See this IR Thread if you are interested.

I have only experience of the NRF24 wireless modules which are not expensive.

Any Arduino would be sufficient. You could just use an Atmega 328 chip on a piece of veroboard. But some of the small Arduino boards are nearly as cheap.

...R

http://www.dx.com/s/152284

This receiver has pins that change state on a button press. Therefore you can use that to control your device without the need of an Arduino at the receive end. You will need a transistor to drive the load.

You can use a relay across the push button to Tx. The Arduino controls the relay.

Weedpharma

Is this user trying to piss us off? Multiple double posts and I have just responded to another!

He is also making it harder by centre justifying his posts.

Weedpharma

PS, berdthenerdy, don’t bother with the promise of karma. I’m too pissed off to appreciate it!

Three day no post ban for excessive cross-posting.

Cross-posting gives bad Karma.