Wireless OSC control of Variable Speed motor Potentiometer

I'm working on a project with an older Semco T100-5C VS. It's a big brushless motor with an RV20N (20s B203K) pot for variable speed control. The first problem is that this pot is wired. Question 1 would be, Can I control it wirelessly? I know of a way to do with an RF airplane controller, but the ultimate goal would be to use something like a WeMos D1 mini or Arduino, connect it to a wifi router, and control the motors speed over wifi using OSC protocol. Thus far all of my web searches with keywords, Arduino + potentiometer + OSC only leads down a wormhole of people using Pot's to send OSC commands over a network. I want this device to receive OSC commands and control something that currently needs to be physically operated. Any thoughts on how to do this? / Other possibilities? (Any network-based control would be great, I can route OSC commands to other protocols).

Thank you.

There are dozens of youtube videos showing you how to control a servo using an Arduino.

Why OSC for messaging? Are you using for some other part of your project?
The simplest solution would be to run a web server on the Arduino and control it via a web browser.

If you want a physical pot to turn, then use an Arduino to read the analog voltage and create a http message.

I saw a number of Arduino motor projects but they were all low current and voltage. The average voltage for those motors was around. 5VDC. This motor runs at 24VDC. When the pot is "Off" it sends somewhere around 7-8VDC. Could you explain how to work with higher voltages? This is also a 20K pot. The projects I saw were using 2k at the most. It would use OSC to take commands from QLab software for accurate rotation during a show.

Thanks

From your description of the airplane controller it sounded like you wanted to remotely turn the speed control potentiometer using a servo driven by an Arduino. This is easily achievable and would require minimal physical changes and no electrical changes to the rotator assembly.

If you want to replace the potentiometer with an Arduino then the first step is to obtain a circuit diagram of the rotator drive electronics. If the manufacturer doesn't want to supply that information then you'll need to reverse engineer the circuit. Once you have the circuit then it should be relatively simple to figure out how to send a control voltage that mimics the potentiometer.

Thank you. I'm thinking about using a 20k digital potentiometer to replace the 20k analog one.

Think again.
Most digital pots can’t control anything outside their own supply voltage.
Leo…