Wireless remote using RF module

Hello there,

We are making a robot, we are done with the testing etc but I want to control the movement of DC motors & robotic arm using the Wireless remote by RF module. I have completely no idea on how to do it, so any suggestions please?

I am thinking of buying any RF module from the market and integrating it with Arduino, is it how it works? If yes, how to integrate?

Kindly guide completely, thank you.

zoma786:
Kindly guide completely, thank you.

I take it that incomplete guidance would meet with your disapproval? So sorry that my abilities to program a robot that I've never seen and have no information about, falls so far short of your expectations.

I do not think that he ment it like that.

RF module is a very general statement. More information is required. What is the range needed? 10 feet, 100 feet, 1000 feet? Is there unobstructed line of sight? If not, what is in the way? What is the required data rate (in bytes or bits per second). Will the transmitter and receiver need to have error detection built in or will that be done in software? Is the transmitter custom built or do you want to use, say, a smart phone (with an app)? Wifi, bluetooth, 2.4GHz, 433MHz, etc?

The integration method depends on the choice of module. Serial or SPI are common.