I am planning to build a wireless sensor network with Xbee S1 802.15.4.The network will include:
- Many (more than 20) stand alone Xbees connected to sensors.
- 1 Arduino + Xbee to receive data from sensors then do some calculation.
As all devices will run on batteries I want to set Sleep Mode for the Xbees.
I have some questions:
- What is an efficient procedure for the Arduino to get data from Sensors using Xbees ?
- Can I set the Coordinator Xbee which is connected to Arduino to sleep to save energy ?
- Do you have any suggestion for low-power underground wireless sensor network other than this ?