Wireless Servo Control with an Ardunio

Hi Community,

I wanted to ask for some guidance on controlling servo motors wirelessly. My objective is to have an arduino that transmits directly to a servo motor through a transmitter - receiver combo. The arduino is to be connected to a potentiometer that will determine what angle the servo should turn to. Ideally I want to use only one arduino that will send the information to the servo with no physical connection between the two. I've tried looking for examples of this but all examples I have seen use two ardunios wirelessly communicating between each other and one physically linked to the motor.

Any advice on whether this is possible and what components I would need would be greatly appreciated!!

Lobby

Buy an R/C set?

You don't say why you object to having an Arduino acting as a receiver and connected to the servo?

If you don't have an Arduino what do you have in mind as an alternative? Servos can't receive wireless signals.

If you are concerned about the cost of a pair of Unos you could use an Atmel chip on a breadboard as a receiver - perhaps an Attiny, but the Atmega 328 chip as used in the Uno isn't expensive.

If the range is suitable infra-red could make for a cheap and simple means of communication.

...R

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess my inexperience with servos has led to me asking for the incorrect things. I wanted to avoid two arduinos to reduce size and weight as they're key requirements for the project. It's a uni project and ideally I wanted to control 3 servos with an arduino but remove the physical link between them as they are separate and thus have wires running everywhere that make it a bit unwieldy. I thought that I could simply connect the servo to a receiver so that it receives the signal sent by the transmitter connected to the arduino. I guess that's not possible. I'll check out smaller ardunio alternatives and how R/C works. Thanks guys! Any more advice is always welcome!

Lobby