Wireless sound

So i have this schematic (on the attachment) and i want to make it wireless, what can i do?

(esquema)Amp para micro.png

Which part?

CrossRoads: Which part?

Well it doesn't matter for my need that much but i think the speaker would be the easy one right?

If you just want wireless sound, buy a pair of walkie-talkies and cannibalize their innards. If you want to roll your own, that's not trivial.

Jiggy-Ninja: If you just want wireless sound, buy a pair of walkie-talkies and cannibalize their innards. If you want to roll your own, that's not trivial.

No, i want to make a small device and be able to control it

At the speaker end you'll need power, and amplifier and the speaker. So a receiver is needed to be added. At the mic end, you'll need power and whatever pre-amp is needed to bring the mic level to a decent level for a transmitter to be able to send it. If you want to run the Mic thru an ADC and then reconstruct with a DAC on the other end, you'll need a little bit of messaging to go with it to keep the two in sync.

What kind of control do you want? The schematic you started with has no control other than on/off.

tsunamy_boy: No, i want to make a small device and be able to control it

That''s VERY difficult and doesn't really need an Arduino (in fact Arduinos are terrible for this, they make it worse).

Get some wireless headphones and pull them apart or go on eBay and search for "audio spy bug" (or something like that).

CrossRoads:
At the speaker end you’ll need power, and amplifier and the speaker. So a receiver is needed to be added.
At the mic end, you’ll need power and whatever pre-amp is needed to bring the mic level to a decent level for a transmitter to be able to send it.
If you want to run the Mic thru an ADC and then reconstruct with a DAC on the other end, you’ll need a little bit of messaging to go with it to keep the two in sync.
What kind of control do you want? The schematic you started with has no control other than on/off.

humm ok so your idea would be something like this:

Q: Do i need another AMP at the receiver?
Q: Would you recommend me 2 good ic’s for that?
Q: Is there something else i might need?
Q: NRF24L01 would be fast enough?

fungus:
That’'s VERY difficult and doesn’t really need an Arduino (in fact Arduinos are terrible for this, they make it worse).
Get some wireless headphones and pull them apart or go on eBay and search for “audio spy bug” (or something like that).

I understand your suggestion but that way i wouldn’t be learning :frowning:

asd2.png

tsunamy_boy: I understand your suggestion but that way i wouldn't be learning :(

Well.... start without the "wireless" part.

Hook up a microphone and DAC to a single Arduino, see what happens.

1. additional amp not needed, just the one.
  2. can recommend some parts when I get home.
  3. unknown at this time.
  4. perhaps - can it support 80 kbyte/sec transmission? http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=188 Would appear it could.

What I am thinking is perhaps code that fat16lib write to sample audio (mono) and store to SD card be used, only send to NRF24L01 instead. One SPI destination vs another. On the receive end, instead of reading from SD card and output to DAC, receive from NRF24L01 instead.

CrossRoads:

1. additional amp not needed, just the one.
  2. can recommend some parts when I get home.
  3. unknown at this time.
  4. perhaps - can it support 80 kbyte/sec transmission?
    http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=188
    Would appear it could.

What I am thinking is perhaps code that fat16lib write to sample audio (mono) and store to SD card be used, only send to NRF24L01 instead. One SPI destination vs another.
On the receive end, instead of reading from SD card and output to DAC, receive from NRF24L01 instead.

I’ll need to buy the DAC and ADC before that, and since i have that circuit assembled on my breadboard it would be easier than send audio from a SDcard throw SPI.
So i would wait for you to recommend me some IC’s, i found out these on ebay, any thoughts about them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-TLC549CP-8-Bit-Analog-to-Digital-Converters-DIP-8-/181275799967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a34e1319f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-TLC5615CP-10-Bit-Digital-to-Analog-Converters-DIP-8-/171189050289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dba99bb1

If you are able to, I can wait until you have time to get home do your works and can answer, take your time.

fungus:
Well… start without the “wireless” part.
Hook up a microphone and DAC to a single Arduino, see what happens.

I’ll try from there, do you have any IC to do that, that you could recommend me?

Where are you located? I don't buy chips from e-bay.

CrossRoads: Where are you located? I don't buy chips from e-bay.

I'm from Portugal, ebay would be a great start since they are Chinese cheap replicas but they do the job and learning. But if you know a name of some i would search for them. Do you think those ones wouldn't do the job?

I can't see ebay from here.

CrossRoads: I can't see ebay from here.

ok, it would be: TLC549CP as 8-Bit Analog to Digital TLC5615CP as 10-Bit Digital-to-Analog

I'm not quite sure about 8 and 10 bit, wouldn't be this a problem? I imagine 8 bit like the oldscholl consoles.

BTW, that doesn't do the same if i use the Analog and PWM pins? Because i tried to insert the output of the speaker to the A0 and i got a range of decimal numbers (from 0 to 255) which i believe isn't good for this

tsunamy_boy: I'm not quite sure about 8 and 10 bit, wouldn't be this a problem?

That depends on the microphone.

You might need an op-amp to amplify it and get the full range on the ADC.

8 & 10 bit at low sample speed will not sound that good.

CrossRoads: 8 & 10 bit at low sample speed will not sound that good.

I was reading that arduino already have ADC pins (which are analog pins) and they are 10bit but only positive current get throw them. So my question are: - How much bit's do i need to get the audio wave without no problem - Usually Digital-To-Analog Converter ICs also get negative voltage?

fungus: That depends on the microphone. You might need an op-amp to amplify it and get the full range on the ADC.

I'm using a PC microphone

You simply bias the audio signal to 2.5Vto generate the negitave parts of the wave.

Define no problem? Perhaps 24 bits but not to bad results with 12 to 16.

PCis not a microphone type.

These are the ADC & DAC I am using.
AD7680ARMZ
AD5662ARMZ-1