Wireless Speakers(looking for advice)

Hello

We got a new school project and iam just looking for some advice here.
Our job will be to build a wireless speaker with arduino, as a medium we are going to use ir. The idea is to stream music from a adruino and send the information wireless with ir to another arduino with a speaker installed.

How high must the frekqencey be if a regluar cd-player got about 1,5MHz?
Is there any protocols for ir-communication beside for remote controls?( having problem finding them actually)
I'm not after well advanced project so we arent really going to have a "error search" for the communction protocol.
Is there any good advice for finding information for ir communication beside for remote control? The problem is that we have a tight budget and cant afford buying books. We dont have enough information about how to use ir and we would be grateful if anyone could help us if with the information.

Is there any protocols for ir-communication beside for remote controls?

IRDA

How high must the frekqencey be if a regluar cd-player got about 1,5MHz?

CD quality is two 16 bit channels at a sampling rate of 44.1kHz, so a minimum of 1.4112 Mbit per second.

Standard telephony audio bandwidth is about 3kHz, so allowing for Mr Nyquist's overhead, say a sample rate of 8kHz and eight bit (poor quality) samples, so a minimum of 64kbit per second.

newari:
Is there any protocols for ir-communication beside for remote controls?( having problem finding them actually)

Almost all IR protocols use Bi-Phase encoding (Differential Manchester encoding - Wikipedia). The pulses you see in those diagrams will be bursts of your carrier frequency. So, the easiest way is to use a IR demodulator IC (just a 3 pin device you have seen a hundred times, I'm sure.) On the transmitter side, you need to create a carrier frequency that matches the IR decoder frequency. Then you AND (either with an actual gate or in code) your bi-phase encoded data with your carrier. The output will look like those diagrams, but during the HIGH time, it will have bursts of your carrier frequency.

Almost all IR protocols use Bi-Phase encoding

Except IRDA, which can pretty much be driven straight from the serial port output pins, if memory serves correct.

Sorry guys for troubling you but our team got no experince with communication at this level and we are better with programmering and regular electronic. So basically a 44k Hz transmitter can handle that high rate of information and what goes for the IR demodulator IC we got no experince handling one actually. we got this task from our teacher since he complaint about we never have done anything with communication.

But how should i put the ir demodulator ic in and how does it work acutally? I uploaded a basic schematic for the project if you want to see it.

P.S Thanks alot guys for helping us out it meant alot :slight_smile:

So basically a 44k Hz transmitter can handle that high rate of information

No, 44kHz is the sampling rate of a CD, but each sample is sixteen bits and there are two samples at a time (stereo).
To transmit this without a complex modulation scheme would require a much higher frequency.

It was a great idea actually using bmc, I was enyoing to do coding and decoding with bmc(pretty good way for a stable communication). The only problem was the interrupets but those are fixed too:D.

I was just wondering if there is a “easy” way to send files from computer to arduino( i don’t need to storage the files) and reverse. I have been looking into firmata and found some interesteding info, but some of them are complex and hard to understand.

My question is if there are already done library’s for sending over files(from host to arduino or reverse)? If someone could link them, it would been nice:)